Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i finally become a homeowner!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

decided to buy a place instead of rent and worked tons of overtime at work (65hrs a week quite frequently) to save the money. found a place me and my gf like and have gone through the whole crazy process. i am supposed to sign the papers at 3pm today. i cant wait. already packed and everything. and im FINALLY going to have a garge so i can get shit done!

its a 2br/2 bath/2 car garage. 1400sq/ft not counting the garage or enclosed lenai. and its on 1/4 acre. i love it. my street is only a block long. at either end you have to go left or right so no traffic. also lots of car guys in the neighbor hood. around the corner less then a block away a guy has a 70's stingray and a c6 vette. then the opposite way a guy has a 70 olds cutlass and a chevy 2 nova etc... its in spring hill. abut an hour north of my current place in tampa. i cant wait to get moved in. il finaly be able to hook up my tig and also tear apart my 84 to paint it etc... im stoked. it needs a lil work but i dont care. itll all get done the way i want in due time. also no home owners association and no deed restrictions either. :) heres some pics

and lots more here

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/williamb82hotmail/myhouse/

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Great to hear that. The house looks fantastic with a nice yard. I want to buy a house too. If all goes well, should be able to in the next year.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on the new house!!! It is a good feeling to be a home owner. So you think that you will be able to start work on your car? Maybe after you finish the "honey do list". Hope you have many happy years and especially this, your first thanksgiving in your new home.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Woohoo!

(Although thinking is flawing in "I've got a house so now I can do car projects!"...)

I signed my paperwork a year ago, and I'm not done enough with the house chores to even begin on all my car projects.

...brand new engine hoist sitting there, a 7mgte for the cressy sitting on the stand...

So does your side gate open enough to drive a car back there? If so... look to the future, detached garage!

--billyM

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Congrats man, it feels good to finally own a home doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Congrats, William! I"m really anxious to get into a home too, but can't quite afford it just yet.

House looks great!! :) Lots of updated stuff everywhere too (ceiling fans, wood/pergo/tile flooring, kitchen/bathroom fixtures)! Always a good thing when you don't have to update a house that you buy!

Enjoy the freedom of NOT having an HOA too!!! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Very cool! I've been looking into the house buying process myself and hope to find something in the spring! Looks like a beautiful place, congrats.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
congrats also!!! were you able to jump in for the tax home rebate? i am also looking for a house too, since i got married not to long ago!

·
Founding Member
6,406 Posts
It appears now's the time too. I think buying a house is one of the best things anybody can do for his self while one is young. I don't have a fancy house in a fancy neighborhood, but I've been paying on it long enough now that its more mine than the bank's and seven more years is all it will take. That's the key, you can keep paying rent till you're 100 years old, or buy a house and its all yours before you know it. Congrats!

·
Registered
157 Posts
congrats also!!! were you able to jump in for the tax home rebate? i am also looking for a house too, since i got married not to long ago!
It's still going on. As long as you have an offer in by April 2010 and close by June 2010, you can still get the $8k (well, 10% of the sale price of the house up to $8k)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts