Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Will the 7MGTE fuel pump fit in our fuel tanks? If yes - can/will the 7mgte fuel pump deliver more fuel than the 5mge fuel pump?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im affraid it will be too expensive in shipping when getting a walbro sent from the US to Denmark.

Will the 7mgte fuel pump fit easily ? How about connectors and relays etc?

Any ideas how much more 7mgte pump will flow more than 5mge?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just looked at Reg Riemer's site .. he writes:

Note! I ran bench tests on the 5M-GE and 7M-GTE fuel pumps. Results are as follows, pumps make same pressure with stock wiring but do differ slightly in volume. The 5M-GE pump put through about 7 % less volume per minute.

According to this comparision chart between mk3, mk4 and walbro pump:
http://www.jblmk3.com/id82.htm (scroll down) -- the mk3 fuel pump delivers 26 GPH, so if the 5mge pump delivers 7% less that would be 24 GPH. (90 litres per hour at 40 psi for the 5mge pump).

Walbro delivers 51 GPH (192 litres) an hour ... damn ... thats alot !!

I guess theres no point of replacing the 5MGE fuel pump with a 7mgte.... heck, if im gonna spend hours of pulling the fuel tank out (and replace it, since I have a leak about 50% full), then it seems like a much better idea to install some kind of Walbro pump ...!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Racetek82 said:
volume is the same between the two, only pressure differs. get a MK4 pump.
yes - I just submitted a post telling almost the same thing you just did - however, theres a difference of 7% .. but thats not much !! :)

The mk4 pump flows *almost* as much as the walbro 190 LPH ... but I guess its very expensive... and - most important, how do the mk4 pump fit in the mk2 tank?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
supra2800turbo said:
Im affraid it will be too expensive in shipping when getting a walbro sent from the US to Denmark.

Will the 7mgte fuel pump fit easily ? How about connectors and relays etc?

Any ideas how much more 7mgte pump will flow more than 5mge?
Walbro fits like a glove.

Try and find someone to send USPS Global Express. It's much cheaper shipping rates.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jdk_ii said:
Walbro fits like a glove.

Try and find someone to send USPS Global Express. It's much cheaper shipping rates.
Will try n do that... just dont know about payment? Im not that rich that I own a credit card or something like that ...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Isn't the MKIV pump way quieter than the Walbro?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
the MKIV pump is way quiter than a walbro but the walbro still make the task right just annoying with that buzzing noise of the pump :mad: but I am satisfied with the result... full tank every 4 days even with out the turbo just running 38 psi on the AEM RRFPR

·
Registered
216 Posts
The mk4 pump flows *almost* as much as the walbro 190 LPH ... but I guess its very expensive... and - most important, how do the mk4 pump fit in the mk2 tank?
The MK4 turbo pump is rated at 260lph... There is a walbro 190 and a 255, and if you are going ot be using a FPR of any sort then just get thr walbro 255lph. This way you will always have room to upgrade later if you decide you want more power. They cost about 100$ and the supra pumps cost about 240$ new. Yes teh MK4 pumps are quiet and very reliable (denso quality) but the walbro will do the job and is much cheaper.

Austin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jdk_ii said:
I just installed the Walbro.

In comparison, I can hear the pump, but it's not loud.

And mind you, I like quiet.
Why did you install the walbro? I mean - what was the reason that the 5mge pump couldn't do the job good enough?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts