Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would imagine the Lexus GS300 and SC300 engines will drop right in our cars. I am considereing this option as I have no plans do forced indution. I believe one of these is rated at 225hp. Any comments...

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
Motor mounts are different on the JZ series blocks. You will also need a bell housing from a MKIV W58. If you are in a state that needs an EGR valve, prepare to spend a lot. You need a new cylinder head for a 2JZ (egr ports aren't machined on JDM heads) all the EGR equipment, the US spec computer and harness. Prepare to spend 2k+ for all this from Toyota. Check out Norbies site for the 2jZ install; www.norbie.net IIRC. HTH

·
Registered
156 Posts
There has been much discussion on this and I was gonna give it try myself until budget problems prevented it. I know of a guy in my local club (Toronto Supra Club) that is doing this and has gotten quite a bit of help from Norbie and is almost ready to install it and finish it up.

Here is a link to one of the discussions we had about (I am the friend of Kingsoup's mention in posts)

http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86008&highlight=2jz+mkii

Carl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts