Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a 82 celica gt and i picked up some fender flares for dirt cheap, they came off a 85 celica or celica supra, just wondering if anyone knows since the celica forums is down, thanks for the help

·
Registered
673 Posts
i think there like the supras 82-85 will fit but 84-85 have a lip at the bottom and the earlier ones do not. they still match up just might stick out an inch or so at the bottom front end. like 95% sure on these but someone please correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
ok guys i have a 82 celica gt and i picked up some fender flares for dirt cheap, they came off a 85 celica or celica supra, just wondering if anyone knows since the celica forums is down, thanks for the help
What research did you do before you bought them? Have you matched them up to the car yet? What do you think?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Celica-gts.com/forums is not down now.

Also did your GT come with the fiberglass flairs, or are you trying to add them to the car? If they came stock with the flairs, they will swap on with no problems, but if the car did not, there is some work to be done to make them work correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
82 & 83 flares are different from 84 & 85 right where they meet the front bumper cover. The 84-5 have a curve that the earlier ones don't. Ive seen people with the wrong ones on because that's all they could find, it's better than running around without any

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jaja thanks guys yeah the rears seem to fit the front kinda fits just like river rat said , the front lip is missing, but i might fab a home depot lip in the future, im going to paint them and bondo one of them , theres a small chip on one of them no biggie, once im done ill add pics see what you guys think thanks for all the help

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
If your car did not come with them and you did happen to get a set of flares off of a Celica, you will have to do a decent amount of cutting and drilling, unless if you are going for "rice" and just want to slap them on the car.

If they did come from a Supra, you will not be able to get the fronts to work without it looking funny since they are different that the GT-S front flares, but the rears are the same, but it may look a little funny running rear flares and none up front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jajaj yeah it would, im not gona slap them on ima do a clean job, i odnt mind cutting since its the front, but well see the turnout :D thanks

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You will also have to so some cutting in the back, the sheet metal between the GT and GT-S is completely different in that area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts