Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of a place to get side and rear view louvers for my 1985 Toyota Supra. Willing to pay any price

charlie

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
louvers.... what are those?

are they like the razorback things they used to have on camaro's and stuff?

becuase i have one. and you can have it if you want it.

//edit: liek this:

note that they are much cleaner and nicer now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
have any others slip? I think louvers would look good on an L

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
to be honest... i'm not sure how you can HAVE louvers on the side... i'm not sure what they would look like.

this is what i've got:

if you want that rear louver, i'll let it go real cheap. not sure about how shipping will work though...

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ive seen side louvers on a couple cars, 1 dodge starion, 2-3 chev berettas, couple others i cant recall very clearly...

i dont like the look to begin with, but i get the impression most of those were custom jobs...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey slip yeh man i want that rear louver you have...just to make sure it is for my 1985 supra right?
Just tellme total price with shipping

charlie

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Charlie,

Pop Quiz!!!!! This is for a 85 L-TYPE!!!! Correct??????? Just checking!!!

If it's for a P-Type, you won't be able to get the top portion to attach the upper part of the window. Part of the fiberglass spoiler surround sits on top of the window, it does not rest on the sides of the window.

However, if you are able to get it to attach to the window, then you'll have to leave the black upper sunshade off... So that you can lift up the louvers to clean the back window..... If the louvers don't lift up & the window get's dirty over time, it's impossible to clean it!!!!!

Keep this in mind folks!!!! Rear window louvers are fine, ASSUMING you have a MKII L-Type, or your 82 - 84 P-Type does not have the big upper hatch spoiler!!! "Some" louvers can fit underneath the upper spoiler, but then you won't be able to lift up the louvers to clean the window!!! If you have a 85 - 86 P-Type, then you have a problem... Louvers, or complete hatch spoiler.... One of them has to go...

Take it from someone who has seen just about all of the available MKII hatch louvers that are out on the market & knows where the attachment locations are. It can be a slight problem.

On Slip's car, the only reason why it fit's on his 84, is because he has the Leather Interior & during the 84 model year, the Leather Interior P-Type's didn't come w/ the upper hatch spoiler/sunshade.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
craaazay... i'll get pics tonight and post them of the mounting brackets that fit on the hatch... i assume you'll need those too.

charlie... i'll have to figure out where you live to determine shipping.

·
Registered
178 Posts
question for you CJSREDPRA. When I bought my car it came with no spoiler and no louvers, just a plain hatch. BUT it had 4 spots that had holes for bolts on the hatch itself. Two just above the back window about a foot from either side of the middle window washer sprayer, and two just below the bottom corners. Are these from factory louvers, aftermarket louvers, or was this from something different?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i'll take pictures of the mounting stuff when i get home later tonight. then you can see if you can use the louvers.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Supraa_luva

Hrmm.... It does sound like it did have louvers on at one time or another. Based on the holes where the mounting locations used to be, it sounds like these were aftermarket louvers. The Shadow Louvers that were a dealer option, the mounting locations were more towards the corners, esp on the upper half where the louver hinges & lifts up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ahhh, I figured they were for louvers but was never sure as most supra louvers I seen were ON the window, not around it like my mounting holes. Nice to know what they were exactly, aftermarket ones. Thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
I have louvers on my 85, It bolts to the top spoiler. Its made by a company named Shadow. It has two pins at the bottom, with catches you flip to the side and toy can raise the louver up.My only problem is it will rattle somewhat. I've got to replace the foam along the edges, hopefully this will spot the niose.
Dick B. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts