Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I think this is the right section to ask; sounds about right.

my 83' L's motorized windows have always sounded like a roller coaster ticking it's way up a hill, but they always worked... until recently the left side got SUPER loud and stopped going all the way to the top of the window. after a few days of not going up all the way it started making a loud machine gun sound when it got to the top of the window; it still rolls up and down but it 'bounces' off the top of the window and never reaches all the way up so it still leaves about 1/4-1/2 an inch at the top. if I push down on the window with any force the window goes down with a bangbangbang.

I took it into the shop and they said that some part like an actuator or regulator or something sounding like that needs to be replaced and maybe the motor too. They said the part isn't made any more so they can't get it from toyota nor any aftermarket place so I'm out of luck unless I find one at a junk yard.

Can I grab these parts off any other year supra's besides the 83? or is there any difference in the wiring between years? or is there any other cars I can get this off of or any known fixes? or better yet, anyone happen to have some laying around they can sell me? =D

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's starting to get into the rainy season and I can't roll my window up!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
82-83 Celicas and Supras have the same wiring. 84+ the plugs changed, but that can always be fixed by swapping plugs on the "new" motor.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Chris speaks the truth. I have an 84 and I just replaced both window motors with a pair from an 85 Celica GTS. It was a direct swap, same wiring.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. well if changing the plugs is easy to do then if it's no trouble I'll take it panda. pm me or something with price and all that and i'll let you know where to ship to.

·
Premium Member
5,930 Posts
Electric window noises

cool. well if changing the plugs is easy to do then if it's no trouble I'll take it panda. pm me or something with price and all that and i'll let you know where to ship to.
While you are waiting,pull the door panel and get that window back up.I bought a pass side window motor and crank assy. B-4 I pulled it apart. it was a loose plastic roller.I have that one for back up,now.Now,my drivers side sounds a little like a bad motor in a blender.I'll pull it apart later. Dave in Seattle.:duh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I adjust my IE window to look maximized...then sometime down the road it goes back to half window. Is there a way I can make sure every window that opens in IE is maximized. This is starting to piss me off.

·
Premium Member
5,930 Posts
Ie

I adjust my IE window to look maximized...then sometime down the road it goes back to half window. Is there a way I can make sure every window that opens in IE is maximized. This is starting to piss me off.
I think you are referring to Internet Explorer.Go to control panel and check out display properties.Wanna try system restore? Dave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts