Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd give this new MKII forum a try. ([email protected] from the mailing list)

I'm needing to strip and repaint the windshield lower cowl. What is the stock black color? Is it supposed to be gloss black, semi-flat black or matte black? I've seen variations across the board due to sun fading, etc.

Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
Scott

·
Registered
102 Posts
semi gloss I think

of the 3 MK IIs Ive had, two looked to be a semi-gloss black. The other was flat looking but I think it was just really faded.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Semi gloss black

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
I concur...

lower windshield cowl = Satin Black

all other window moldings = Gloss Black (though I did the moldings on Mikey's Black car in Satin for contrast from the body - also a nice effect.)

I had the body shop shoot all the original moldings with Gloss Black on my White car, then I took them home and masked and resprayed the exposed rubbers on the belts a flat black - it looks awesome. I also painted the cowl satin myself after I filled some minor perforation.

Check the pic link in my sig.

GG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pretty sure its gonna be Semi-gloss... On the inside of my left door.. where the very edge of the cowl is screwed in.... the paint appears to be shiny, but not THAT shiny... I think Semi-Gloss should do the trick.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Please tell me you're not going to put Luis Vitton Graphics on your car. :lol:

·
Registered
675 Posts
no graphics,
just the minor altercation I had with the front corner y-day :cry:
took paint from top and side of fascia by drivers headlamp. :bad-word:
looking at bumpers and flares going anthricite in color...... :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts