Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, ive tried the search function, and looked in the FAQs on the site... no joy so far.

my problem is that when i shut the headlights off, the right one will pop up, and when i turn them on, the left one comes up and both lights turn on.

im betting its some kind of relay or something, but i figured it best to ask on here and see if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
its actually really simple. Well it was for me anyways, I think I read about someone having this from an electrical problem once. Anyways, for me it was just an adjustment. Your headlight motors spin little pulleys. On the ends of the pulleys are shafts attached to the headlamp cover, these are moved by the rotation of the pulley and then push and pull the light up and down. The pulley is held to the moter with a bolt, if the is bolt is loose or the the pulley has been improperly adjusted, you will get the effect your having. On the headlight thats up when it should be down, loosen that bolt and rotate the pulley 180 degrees then tighten it up and your problem should be gone :wink:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, ill definitely try that, hopefully its the easy solution thats the one i need :D

i just cheated and unplugged the power to the light in question, then hand wheeled it down with the little knob, lol, not sure if that would damage anything, but i figured it at least looks less stupid. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
WHINKING HEAD LIGHT

ya i have an 82 mk2 and it does the same thing on the driver side, but when i turn the lights on only the passenger side works, anf when i put on the high beams both come on but are exteemly dim. i replaced both lights hoping it was that , but obviously not, did that method me suggested w/ the bolt and pully work??? i can use some help/advise also.
thanks

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
its actually really simple. Well it was for me anyways, I think I read about someone having this from an electrical problem once. Anyways, for me it was just an adjustment. Your headlight motors spin little pulleys. On the ends of the pulleys are shafts attached to the headlamp cover, these are moved by the rotation of the pulley and then push and pull the light up and down. The pulley is held to the moter with a bolt, if the is bolt is loose or the the pulley has been improperly adjusted, you will get the effect your having. On the headlight thats up when it should be down, loosen that bolt and rotate the pulley 180 degrees then tighten it up and your problem should be gone :wink:
Do you think that this is all I have to do to mine? Both of them wink on the off position

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...dlights-still-messed-up!-Relay-needed-or-what

1 - 6 of 6 Posts