Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its 8 a.m. here in Texas and its raining hard as balls, went for a drive and figured out somethings wrong with the windshield wipers? In the first down click, the wipers go up and down once then never again, in the second click they seem to work fine at a set speed that i can't change. And the third click just makes the wipers stop wherever they are on the windshield? Also the speed controller seems to do nothing for them at any setting. Any thoughts on what needs replacing/rewiring?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
I got my A1- Cardone one at a local parts store. It may be a special order. It's been a while!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Does the wiper work fine when you pull down on the lever? Mine had intermittent issues with the switch after letting my car sit for a long period of time. Ended up being corrosion or build up on the switch contacts. There was a thread a while back talking about it, but you could try (with the car off) rotating the switch several times over and over to see if it clears the build up off. Others have used contact cleaner, but mine didn't require that.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The motor handles low and high speed continuous use as well as parking internally. The delay function is built into the relay, not the motor itself. But I agree 100% with Zerodrag. The most likely fix is simply exercising the switch a bunch of times. Contact cleaner (DeOxIt only) isn't likely to work in this case anyway, as the delay contacts are hidden deep inside the stalk. Time isn't kind to our decades old electricals. So it's not uncommon to have to give something a little (ab)use to get things working right again after sitting a while unused.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Wiper relay is rusted up. Pull it out and try to clean it off unless it is beyond tarnished then you'll have to replace it. Had the same issues with mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts