Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my wipers are about shot and i figure i fix them before it starts to rain or snow here. But i went out and can't figure out how the heck you get the acctaul blades off. Call me retarded but i just don't see it happening. And are the 2 front blades set up differently like how the blade join to the wiper shaft? I think i might be missing a piece on the one arm but the other one is just perplexing me. Anyways, any help i could get on this would be great cuase this seemingly simple process is really got me spinning.

·
Registered
141 Posts
to slide the blades out there is usaully a little silver clip that must be squeezed together and removed. I know on the passenger's side of the MKII the wiper is really small. I generally can't find the size and end up cutting a larger one a fastening it with a little RTV, maybe someone has done this with yours too?

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
if they are toyota blades they come off with those 2 little screws at the base, thats how i've always replaced mine. I mean if you bought aftermarkets they may have the little clips on them that you can pop em off, but i get a pretty good deal from toyota when i get mine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The hard part is, that on (i think passenger side) there is a two"arm" setup that can only be changed by getting a blade refil, the other wiper isvery easy to change and the hardware to do soe SHOULD come with the wiper itself, howver there are rumours that the blades from an RAXX may be a direct bolt on with easy change wiper blades.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, the driver side blade has a two arm setup. Its got 2 screws in it but you can't really get the blade out cause there's a metal rod that runs though it.. and it seems to be in the pretty good, i don't wanna risk breaking it by trying to rip the bolt out.. but maybe that's what its gonna have to come to :)

The passenger side wiper is different and smaller. Thing is is that i don't know what it was like before because my brother had the car and this is how i got it. All there is on it is the little clip but thats all. And i've tried to look on other celica's/supra's but their attachment setup look totally different so im thinking im missing something maybe. And the little setup that the blade came with would absolutly not work.. just by looking at the pieces it gave.. Anyways, thanks for the help. I'll get it all figured out even if it takes me all day tommorow :)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i just went to canadian tire and bought blade refills that you cut to the proper length, they slide in and kinda have a retainer clip.

they were cheap, two blades for 5 bucks or so.

im not sure, but by reading your posts it sounds like someone has tried to modify your arms to accept the replacement blade and arm combos that most new cars use.

·
Registered
793 Posts
as a side note, what is the purpose of that dual arm?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't they've been modded with.. since my dad was the original owner. well not original owner. He bought it half a year old from a guy arrested for DUI in like 85 or something. But i doubt that guy would have changed anything. I wanted to replace the entire wiper, not just the blade though cause the old one looks very worn out shows lots of wear/rust.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The Dual arm set-up was a BIG innovation as a method of keeping the wiper blade level as it moved across the windshield........that is until they great car designers saw that you could do the same thing with a standard arm and they went back to the more mechanicly sound single arm method. It also looked cool.

·
Registered
306 Posts
MK2Racer said:
as a side note, what is the purpose of that dual arm?
Watch the path of the wiper, goes right to edge of glass, arm rotates so it is exactly paralell to the edge of window

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
As a side note, I've found Bosch blades to be a piece of crap. They last like 1 month and then suck. Overpriced too. Anco works best for me. The parts store should have a book there that lists the mk2 and the part# of the new blade. I usually get the whole kit and screw it into the arm.

Christian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts