Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1986 Cressida 5MT LSD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across this issue before, but never this bad. I have an april 1986 Cressida, as well as the MY 1986 Cressida factory manual. I have been testing my igniter circuit (which is apparently blown suddenly) and I found that almost none of the ecu wire colors listed in the book match the actual wires. Same goes for the igniter.
Are there any changes that were made in 1986 that would account for this?

· Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
colors are for the body harness side of connectionns, not the couple inches of wires on the Igniter.
Do this makes a difference for you?

· Registered
1986 Cressida 5MT LSD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
colors are for the body harness side of connectionns, not the couple inches of wires on the Igniter.
Do this makes a difference for you?
I’m referring to the harness that connects to the ECU and the body side of the harness that goes to the igniter as well as the E1 ground, E01 ground, igniter check connector, IGF, IACV and rear window motors among others

· Registered
909 Posts
I don't know the Cressida models very well, but is the '86 one of the crossover years by chance? This was a bit of a pain for my 1UZ swap with an engine from a swap over year (1996), and using a '96 manual was completely wrong. I had to use a '95 manual, which was correct for wiring and also lots of engine parts too.

Maybe trying an '85 manual for your Cressy will work better in your case, or possibly an '87 manual if your Cressy is based on a newer or "refreshed" model. Could it also be that your vehicle is a California or maybe Canadian model?

· Registered
1986 Cressida 5MT LSD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know the Cressida models very well, but is the '86 one of the crossover years by chance? This was a bit of a pain for my 1UZ swap with an engine from a swap over year (1996), and using a '96 manual was completely wrong. I had to use a '95 manual, which was correct for wiring and also lots of engine parts too.

Maybe trying an '85 manual for your Cressy will work better in your case, or possibly an '87 manual if your Cressy is based on a newer or "refreshed" model. Could it also be that your vehicle is a California or maybe Canadian model?
i don’t know much of the history of it, but there is a chance that it’s Canadian. It has a 5spd and LSD which I’ve heard is much more common in Canada…

· Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Data plate on the firewall,
second to last line, last character :
A = American
K = Kanadian (!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts