Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im still new at this and ive been reading on here for a long time but im still not real sure how to do the wiring on my 7mgte swap. Ive talked to some guys on here and they have been a great help ig im a lil blonde lol
in i leave my 85 harness in the car and use it with the right conectors to get my 7m running
the help will be greatly apprecatied thanks

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Keep reading. I can't tell what you're asking for, or even if you are asking a question, because your spelling is so poor. Maybe someone else will be able to decypher.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I'm a Big blond Lil
in i leave my 85 harness in the car and use it with the right connectors to get my 7m running
the help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Can I leave my 85 harness in the car to use with the 7m swap?

This the best I can decipher

·
Registered
906 Posts
Oh my, I have been here reading this stuff way too many years ... I understand him :(

1. The 5mge ENGINE harness will NOT wok, with a 7mgte, nor, will it plug into the 7mgte ECU.

2. The BODY harness of the CelicaSupra, MUST be kept intact, for easiest install.

3. You NEED, a sub "connecting" harness, to make the 7mgte Engine harness/ECU "talk" to the car.

4. That leaves 2 options.

A. Hard wire it as some do, making engine removal a pain in the ass.

B. Use specific connectors from the BODY side of the 7m donor car, and a couple from the 5m ENGINE harness/ECU so the engine can be removed via unplugging under the dash.

This HAS been explained many times over the years ... how do I know ? Because I have typed it too many times to count :)

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
You should save a copy to your computer, Shawn, just post the cut and paste. Cut and paste posts are all the rage here now......

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry about my spelling and i new i needed a sub harness
do i need the orginal harness from my motor to make my own sub harness

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
-There is a whole section dedicated to swapping engines into the Supra, there are sections in there about swapping in a 7M(T), it is even a sticky so it is easier to find.

-There is an awesome tool that will help you on here for many things (use it!), here I even drew a little map so you can find it without getting lost:

If you cannot find you answer after all of that, DO NOT attempt to swap a 7M(T) into your Supra, pay for someone else to do it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
B. Use specific connectors from the BODY side of the 7m donor car, and a couple from the 5m ENGINE harness/ECU so the engine can be removed via unplugging under the dash.

This HAS been explained many times over the years ... how do I know ? Because I have typed it too many times to count :)
Reading comprehension ???????????

·
3,283 Posts
Wow... I'm kinda surprised this kind of thread is still started...

as SMP7MGTE said... well, re-read his post.

to answer your question above: you'll need the body plugs off your old MKII/5M engine harness to make your subharness. you'll need the body side plugs off the donor MKIII to make your subharness. Make SURE you understand above before you go cutting harnesses. Do NOT cut the MKIII harness.

If you have specific questions, ask specific questions after you've at least tried to figure it out yourself.

·
Registered
622 Posts
For noobs, 935 does harness adapters and junkie (not his screen name) does wiring as well for a price. If you do this send in your ecus and harnesses, then it is nearly plug and play.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
For noobs, 935 does harness adapters and junkie (not his screen name) does wiring as well for a price. If you do this send in your ecus and harnesses, then it is nearly plug and play.
SMP7MGTE knows the Junkie guy very well, hell he is with him where ever he goes and even sleeps in the very same bed.:zzzzz:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts