Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy did I ever get lucky today. I found probably the 2nd cleanest MkII I've ever seen in a junkyard in 10+ years of looking. Scored an absolutely perfect black dash, perfect carpets, and fog and brake light with the silkscreening still perfect. Didn't need anything else, but if anyone needs clean parts for an '85 Super Red gray cloth interior MkII you might want to give them a call. Their Phone number is (916)-635-8900 name is ToyAutoMart in Rancho Cordova (they are around the corner from TAP). He says they do shipping. Funny thing was there was nothing wrong with the car, the orginal owner sold it to the wrecking yard. I don't believe their was a dent in the car. I was kinda hoping the car had an 85 Owners Guide I still haven't come across one. I've got the manual but not the warranty/guide book. The car had a working power antenna, but they wanted $85 for it.

On a side note I guess my car is going to be down for a while I drove my diff up to River City Diffs to get rebuilt and they were closed. I guess I should call before coming up next time (yeah I'm a moron). I'm thinking about throwing the original 4.30s back in the car to redyno it. That and none of the Toyota yards had a ABS speed sensor for the Solara. You think with all the trillons of Camrys they sell that somebody in the last year would have one.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Congrats on the parts score, but it's too bad that some idiot sold a perfectly good MkII to a boneyard. There are precious few left!!

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Aaron.

How's the left tailight on that MKII??? Still perfect??? No chunks missing or cracks???

LMK!!!!! Jay Balducci in AZ still needs one. The one that I recently sent to him arrived broken. Yes, the box was insured, we're going through the paperwork w/ USPS on filing a claim. In the meantime, he still needs a left side tailight. Thanks!!!!

P.S. Yes, my 85 also still has the original Owners Guide as well (along w/ the original Owners Manual). Picked up a minty mint orange cover 81 Owners Manual on EBay for the Silver Slug, & Greg Giacchi found a 81 Owners Guide for me that I got for FREE!!! Yes, the members here do rock!!!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris,

The car still had the left taillight in it. I didn't really take a good look at it though. Although there was no body damage on the car, so the odds are pretty good that it was in good shape still. I may be going up in the same area if River City Diffs is open on Friday. If you want I could probably swing by and take a look at it.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Aaron,

Go ahead & take a look at it & LMK. Do you have Jay's email addy???

·
Registered
479 Posts
SilverMk2 said:
Chris,

The car still had the left taillight in it.

**Sorry to post here late -but if the tail light is in 'perfect' - no cracks/chips, etc... and is ~ $40 or so, I'll buy it. The one Chris mailed got shattered on the ends unfortunately.... My addy is suprajayaz at aol.com.. Thanks so much!
Jay... wishing I could take a few trophies away from DonC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts