Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founding Member
6,401 Posts
Looking at that list it seems that probably the biggest factor is the number of miles a year a car is typically driven. Three of the top ten are convertibles which are more typically kept as "third car" and driven only when the weather cooperates. The rest of the list typically appeals to people who are retired and don't drive as much, certainly not in rush-hour traffic. Fewer miles equals less risk.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
thought the Ford Focus was very costly to insure, because it was a bomb on wheels,

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm suprised the Evo is not on the top 3.
Suprisingly but maybe due to the Evo being priced new starting at 36K

The WRX (not STI) starts at 25k. Things might change now with the release of the Lancer Ralliart tho starting at 27k. I'm only going off insurance for new cars as opposed to used, so reasoning might be different in that.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was sitting at a stoplight exhanging waves to a WRX owner. When his light turned green, he floored it making a left turn, fishtailed, panicked, and ran into a streetlight pole sideways. After laughing my ass off, I made sure he was okay.

It is the drivers, not the car!

·
Registered
217 Posts
^ isnt it real hard to do that specially in a 4wd car that has either 50/50 power split or maybe 35/65. (forgot how much it is with the wrx) either way as previously stated its always the driver. you wont see a buick lesabre on the top of that list for a reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts