Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
If you read the whole ad, he says the car was ass-ended and has body and frame damage...no pics, though...and he's asking $6K with a salvage title. I want some of what he's been smoking.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you read the whole ad, he says the car was ass-ended and has body and frame damage...no pics, though...and he's asking $6K with a salvage title. I want some of what he's been smoking.
If you read the add even closer it says "Also included"

Looks clean. Could probably part the maroon/maroon car to recover some of the price.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i agree! but that damn white one is clean as can be! y would you sell it for a damn eclipse or talon! :SM130 (1): :duh: :eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol dunno i mean i have seen them eclipse/talons worked and they can pack a mean punch dunno not everyone has same taste as we mk2 owners do

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
If you read the add even closer it says "Also included"

Looks clean. Could probably part the maroon/maroon car to recover some of the price.
Oops, you're right, mea culpa. I thought he was talking about the white one. The two together are a good deal.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yea I don't see much right in the pics and ad. The pics show me first off
-The front bumper is bent up (god damn I hate that look)
-The turn signal is bent awkwardly (idk if it is a problem or not)
-The paint is not original so it is a gamble on whether it was done right.
-The rims are not included which although I dislike do raise the asking price.
-The header or custom exhaust is removed which again decreases the parts value
-The guy also wants to burden someone with his salvage car which is not a good selling standpoint (who wants a wrecked car? I think we all have to many projects as is, but we could all use more too if money and space were avail.)

That seems like a stretch of a sale to me with the whole list of problems I found just with the pictures and ad, wonder what I could add by inspecting it.:eekfacepalm: (I too wouldn't mind what he is smoking) The car looks nice but is not worth more than 1.5-3k on a damn good day with the handicapped twin lol

·
Registered
622 Posts
I like the look of the paint, but that is the only thing that really makes it worth more than any other mk2 and it is worth less if done wrong. The fact that he tells you he is removing parts kills the urge to buy it, he should picture an example of what he is actually going to sell you in reality.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello thar, thank you for ripping me. I am selling the car out of necessity. My parents wont let me drive the car in the winter so I am car less for most of the time. I knew everyone on here would say it is not worth it. I currently have someone who with an auto 85 78k orig miles buying a car and then trading it for both of my cars. I am sad to let this car go I love it but I need something I can drive in the winter and be able to goto car shows with too. the marker and fog jsut need to have their screws tightened.

just to let you know this car was originally maroon that is the reason for the hood and fender.
http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/girevad/

·
Registered
622 Posts
^ dude not ripping you just saying it has issues that a 3k+ dollar mk2 shouldn't have imo. Good luck selling it, I'd like to know what you get in the end.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I do not know what you are talking about here could you please explain.
-The front bumper is bent up (god damn I hate that look)
In the second and thrid pictures I do know that my grill is popped out. Before these pictures were taken I had the grill and those two lights off trying to replace bulbs. It was getting late and and the bulbs I thought were good actually were not. I will fix them next time I am home.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you want I will remove my post, I just saw some things that need fixed that's it. I do think the price is a little high for what the buyer will get, a stock mk2 with a respray and a totaled maroon auto with a salvage title for 6k. Tell me if you want me to remove my posts and I kindly will. But the car's main value is the condition of the body (front clip cond., any dents, scratches,ect.) and the aftermarket parts add to the value, don't tell the buyer you have them and are removing them that seems like a rip off imo for that price. I will remove this post as well upon request. Also let the buyer know what you have invested, proof is also nice with the price given.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Dude good luck with your sale nobody wants you to remove your post. Tell your parents to buy you A carport so you can keep the supra too. Nice car good luck man

1 - 20 of 25 Posts