Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It appears that I will be getting the boot from this forum (selling wise), due to outstanding and frequent issues. While I am working to clean up these issues, it may be too little too late. I already had a plan to start 2010 with a different mindset.

Even though I have shipped TONS of items in a timely manner. Especially in December I know that I shipped out a whole room full of used MK2 parts. But nobody ever said hey thanks for that. For every single negative post, there are at least 10 positive transactions.

I think that you guys who I did good things for should take a minute to speak up now. You guys who I gave support to at 12 midnight over AIM for free, say something.

I have pleaded my case, asked for a trial period, and am awaiting a decision.

I think that if I am NOT here, it will make things even more difficult, because there will be no way to publicly ask questions. There will be no more 6m pulleys, rare parts, because I won't buy them anymore knowing that I have no place to post them.

I raced a car in honor of cs.com. I come to work each day, at a shop primarily dedicated to the Mk2 community (even at the chuckles of my buddies). I'm sitting on 4 MK2s currently, a 5m, 2 6ms, 3 7mgtes, and 2 7mges. I pay to sponsor this forum, silv, and anything else MK2 related. I've offered raffle parts to the NE meet (though it is usually declined) and any other MK2 gathering. I bought 18 radiator blockoff plates, thinking it would be good for us to have in stock. I bought 10 thorley headers to keep them in the community. I have extended credit (sure pay me later), to a couple of members. I have paid for express shipping when neeed. I have taken abused parts back under warranty at my loss, just to keep the customer happy. I have made bad decisions maybe, but it was in good spirit.

My communication is poor, at best, but I still think I contribute in some way. Someone vouch. I haven't asked for that until now.

Vote me back! If I do get the boot, those with outstanding issues can still contact me. All of my contact information is on the website and I will still answer PMs regarding those orders. Any unsold MK2 items will be posted on ebay.

If the boot is no longer in effect, please delete this post.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That was a bit long, I admit.

So you are asking yourself, what have you done (or plan to do), to improve your *horrible* reputation? You might be a super cool guy, but we are tired of the complaints. This is the 2010 bailout plan, so to speak:

- Stop investing in things I "think" will sell.
- Stock the IMPORTANT items, like head gaskets.
- I've already setup a CelicaSupra inbox, in my email. This way all emails from members can be routed there for easier attention.
- Subscribe to a mobile data plan, so that I don't go for hours at a time not checking the forum, while I run errands.
- Offer a COD service, so that you can pay when the parts arrive at your doorstep (US only).
- Not accept HUGE orders, that will take months to complete. These will have to be broken down into smaller more manageable orders.
- Give special treatment to international customers who will have a harder time to contact me
- Raise prices, so that I'm not losing so much money on a typical order.
- Offer a 2nd phone number, to be used if for some reason you have having trouble getting a hold of me.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
who do we contact if we want to keep you?
i dont want to see you go!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll still be around, I just can't sell things.

I always take time out in the evening to answer technical questions, before bed. CS.com is the first page when I open my browser.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
can you give us things and we make a "donation" lol does that still count

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL no

If I get the boot, I may revert back to my original screen name here. The one that I had before I was a vendor.

I still daily an MK2, so I'll just be one of the boys at that point. I always took pride in being a vendor that actually drove an MK2 daily, even if it wasn't that fast.

·
Registered
472 Posts
sorry to hear this. i know i havent purchased any parts from you or even spoken for that matter but i personally believe you are doing a good deed to the mk2 cs community by being a vendor.

hate that you are getting a lot of negative responses but people need to understand that you are running a business and that when a lot of orders come in, you will do your best to get them shipped out in a timely manner but you are only one person.

the negative people on the forum need to realize that they are not the only ones you are talking to. they just need to be patient.

i look forward to you still being a vendor and would like to purchase some parts at some point for the 3 mk2 supras and 1 mk3 celica that i have and would like to fix.

to whoever this concerns: if we lose one vendor, then this puts more pressure on other vendors to where this same stuff will happen again until no one wants to supply parts.

think about that possible outcome as well...

theres my 2 cents.

-Danny

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Robert, I guess I am a little confused. You won't be a "vendor" but there are a lot of people posting things for sale that aren't. Why can't you?

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
I agree. Robert should be given a chance to clean up his act. But Robert, DO IT. Its really not worth losing a resource to this community because of bad business practice.

If you want to get more client base you have to start shipping your orders or being honest with people. Say listen man I'm swamped right now I cant get that piece to you for at least 2 weeks. Put them on a waiting list, whatever. But dont commit to serve people you are not capable of serving.

You put yourself on this short leash, and it might just turn your image around. I say let you stay, but don't let us down again.

·
Registered
284 Posts
sure sometimes it may take awhile before you receive a part your ordered off 935 but is that a good enough reason to boot him...i wouldnt so

...over the last several months the negative comments have been diminishing and ive noticed how Robert been doing a better job with the pm`s and email which i know many of yous have vouge and say hes getting better with that..

robert offers great parts for great prices...
from OE to aftermarket performance parts...
not to mention he knows alot of valuable info about the mk2 and therefor plays a big part i our community and i say fuck it give him another try, hopefully making 2010 the best year for 935 (buisness wise)...

new year clean start

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I've never bought from you slightly because of that reputation, I mean I like alot of you're products, and was going to need a 6mge pulley.heh. But the negative responses and un finished deals were concerning me. No I have not met you but I hear your a pretty cool guy. I'd like to see a transaction with you at some point.

I say we give the man a chance.

MAKE THAT SECOND CHANCE COUNT!

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you want to get more client base you have to start shipping your orders or being honest with people. Say listen man I'm swamped right now I cant get that piece to you for at least 2 weeks. Put them on a waiting list, whatever. But dont commit to serve people you are not capable of serving.

I'm a salesman and this is the most important things my customer wants before anything else. If i dont have the parts request in stock, i need to contact my supplier and check for an accurate lead time. I especially put a little more time just in case and customer are happy to get the parts some day before.

I think the complaint turn around this and it will be easy to set up.
I dont want to see you go too, starting a 7mgte swap.

Oh and i have to say, 2 small transaction with 935 without any problem.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I purchased a header from 935 this summer and it arrived on my doorstep only a few days later in beautiful shape. I have absolutely no qualms with robert, or his business, and would appreciate it if he could clean up his act and remain a vendor here on cs.com.

Robert listen to what these people are saying. You NEED to clean up your act a bit if you don't want to be in these situations. Multiple times a week I see new threads where your customers are waiting on parts/money you said you had shipped. Remember that it isn't just your own reputation that is at stake here; every thread here on this forum (positive or negative) says something about our community as a whole. Your actions affect all of us.

·
Registered
365 Posts
We're driving 25+ year old cars, we need as many vendors out there as possible to keep supporting our cars.

With that said though, it has not been difficult to notice the string of negative 935MotorSports related posting. So I'll say this:

a) Am glad that the Admins took notice of this situation, and worked behind the scenes to address it. Props to the Admins for watching out for us.

b) Robert @ 935Motorsports: Customer satisfaction is vital to survival today. Let there be no doubt that 1 bad transaction will overshadow 100 good ones. The issues posted seem to be related to communication, so you have got to improve on that. If you want a baseline, see/talk to George at Raptor Racing - when you order from him, he will fill your email with statuses on your order, especially if there are delays. That's a preemptive strike on his part as a seller, that is customer service, that is smart and profitable business, that builds loyalty. I hope/vote you remain as a vendor for us here, and that you work to improve your business and to deserve the second chance.

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Robert;

you and I have had many personal and business transaction, much like Aaron and I have. I have had nothing but a positive experience with you as a vendor/supplier and "co-vendor". I can surely appreciate some of peoples concerns and know you can pull through this.

I think people need to realize that the cs.com vendors are not here to make money...well...judging from my bank account i'm not :zzzzz:. We are here to provide a service as there is NOBODY else that is willing or able to do so. We have a very specialized market and no one vendor can support this market...it's just NOT financially possible unless that vendor is independently wealthy.

That being said if my vote counts I would add that you be given another chance as I'm confident you can turn this around. As a competitor it would be easy for me to "vote you off the island" but you are too valuable as a vendor to be let off. I hope and pray you can turn this around, best of Luck to you in 2010.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I cannot think of a more difficult business to run than dealing with shipping used parts. Just the few parts i have removed from junkers and then shipped and emailed and emailed to make sure it would fit to have it returned because it will not work. IT IS A HORROR I OFTEN REFUSE TO DO. Partially because of the egos and attitude you get. Yes the members here are professionals that know there Supras it can also be frustrating just posting and opinion without getting attitude.

We cannot afford to loose a resource. Bottom Line.

Let the free market reign. It things do not improve then 935 goes out of business for there own failures.
The worst is if the forum puts someone out of business, that we need, just to make a point we will later regret. It would be different if he had not plead his case to the members with a plan. Let his business succeed or fail on his merits not our being an exclusive club. All in favor, oh never mind i thought i was at a union meeting.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Robert,

Speaking of 6M pulleys, you were the one source for this part when there were no others. Thanks again!

Regarding your future, you have a big job ahead of you! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Shipping COD might not be a bad idea in some cases, if you can afford it! Most people have a very difficult time waiting for parts that they really want....and even moreso, when they have invested their hard earned money.

On another note, perhaps as valuable as your sells, is your enthusiastic support of the MKII's. Whether that be 5M's, 6M's, 7M's, JZ's, GTE's, etc., you have added value to this forum.

Regards,

Carlos

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
ive also had no complaints from you when i purchased things in the past. i am sorry to those who have had it. you are a busy man, and outside the mkII community i still want you to have your life and live it, and yet, you still make time for us. i appreciate you work and ANYTHING you can offer to us along with other vendors, where other companies won't.
i do understand you are just a small company/shop and in comparison to someone like Greddy, ground control, you always may not have the turn around time, or support, or tech, but you still manage as a one man army, that i am amaze!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i do however suggest if people on here complain, ship only through services where you can track packages and provide proof of where it is going and where it arrives, such as fedex or ups. no more usps! i dont mind paying an increase in shipping to ward off faulty or negative comments in saying that it has not arrive, yet, it is different if, it the item has not been shipped out also.
but plus one maybe to a different shipping service that is trackable and can easily be provided proof!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Tho I have never personally ordered any parts from Robert I have had numerous tech. questions and conversations with him and always done in a timely manner. It was a shock when I started seeing the emails of lack of communication and such. I have only had good experiences with him. Its a near year. Maybe a set time period to get set straight and back on track would be good. Maybe slow the new incoming business until all other orders are taken care of, idk.

But like everyone else has said, being a vendor for mk2 parts is difficult, doesnt bring too much income, and are hard to come by so maybe a solid well known second chance is due.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.