Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all places to find a race, I was leaving traffic court last night and a 16-17 year old kid in a 96 or so camaro was leaving at the same time. We get onto a two lane and he pulls along side and give the look, can't help but laugh at the kid. So I decide the play with him a bit. Just pulling ahead some and letting him catch up again. Every light we come to I would get on it up to 3rd gear or so and of course as soon as I would let off he would pass me and think he was bad ass. I had to laugh at the poor kid. Next time he pulled up next to me my girlfriend taps me on the shoulder so I look over this kid rolls down his window and asks me If I want to race for money, I told him I didn't want to take his allowance down shifted to third from 5th and took him out again. As I slowed up to turn down my street and came blowing by me. I wonder If he even noticed the cop 2 cars in fornt of him as he blew down the street and passed them. Don't know if he got pulled but it would be humorous if he did considering he just left court, probably for acting dumb in front of a cop before. Maybe some day he will learn to open his eyes, and that the name camaro doesn't mean the car can beat every thing on the road.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So I take it you fixed your power problem. I had the same experiance with a youngin' in mommy and daddy's 2000 or so impala....I thought those were quicker than that :lol: When I was younger and lived in the big NF I supported the city with all of the tickets I had there , most of the cops knew me by name :wink:
Brian

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to be regaining power for some reason. I didn't do anything different, it just started going faster all of a sudden. I'm still working out some of the bugs though. And my cam tower oil leak stared again(reoccurance is annoying!)

·
Registered
790 Posts
2000 Impala? Was it an LS? If not, then I think it has a 4 in it (not sure). The LS is about as fast as a stock Mk II off a light, but will fade fast on a freeway (my friends mom has one, and he drives it sometimes on weekends).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts