Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son picked up an 82 MKII in pretty rough shape to race in the 24 Hours of Lemons series ($500 junker endurance racing). The short block is perfect but both cams are toast.

I'm not that familiar with these engines but where can we find some low budget cams. Also what year cams would work in the 82 motor?

Any help appreciated. Car is located in Metro Atlanta Area.

Mark

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
If you buy any used, have them checked out first.

The cams from my old 84, appeared fine to me. They worked fine. I probably would have used them again. But when I turned them into my head shop, they cleaned them up and showed the real story. There was lots of pitting and damage that I did not see at first glance.

The exhaust cam you can still find new at some places. I haven't seen the intake cam lately.

I could let go of my nearly new exhaust cam for $100 shipped. The intake cam was not new.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Mark,

The following parts company lists the cams for $149 each. I guess you could contact them to see if they are in stock. I do not know the quality of these pieces, however...

If you are just planning to beat the car up in an event, why not just go with some used cams from an 85-86 motor?

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/

Best Regards,

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts