Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son picked up an 82 MKII in pretty rough shape to race in the 24 Hours of Lemons series ($500 junker endurance racing). The short block is perfect but both cams are toast.

I'm not that familiar with these engines but where can we find some low budget cams. Also what year cams would work in the 82 motor?

Any help appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
why did you post this thread twice ?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Don't have to be a moderator to ask why you posted it twice. I was curious also.

·
Registered
722 Posts
82s had oiling problems with the cams. You can use later year cams, they can be identified by the dowel pins. 82s had 5 holes and later models had 3. If you can find some in a wrecking yard, that would be your best bet. The 5mge came in the cressidas up until 88, usually there are more of those in the yards than supras.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
82s had oiling problems with the cams. You can use later year cams, they can be identified by the dowel pins. 82s had 5 holes and later models had 3. If you can find some in a wrecking yard, that would be your best bet. The 5mge came in the cressidas up until 88, usually there are more of those in the yards than supras.
Great info. Thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts