Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From an 82 to an 89

I've got one, but I'm almost sure it's not right. 2 ECU's have been fried and I want someone who knows whats going on to take a look at it so I don't keep blowing ECU's for whatever reason... maybe both were crapp to begin with, but I want to make sure before I hook #3 up that the harness isn't the problem.

And I'm flocking over trying it myself. I can't break it down into simple enough stuff without my mind overloading and the right side of my face drooping down and loosing all feeling in my lower body. I thought I could do it, but I can't. I'm a n00b, and I'm making it known. Also, w/ a 18 month old and another on the way, I just do not have time to learn what needs to be learned and trial by error sounds just as expensive.

Just PM me or call/text me (812)614-3697

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Something happened to them. They started my buddies car fine, it runs for 2 seconds, and dies. His car made the 2 hour trip up fine and the 2 hour trip back fine... so it's deffinitely not his car.

If I just 'hardwire' all the wires that need power (I'd have to look to see which ones I have been using) I get fuel, I get spark, but it just WILL NOT RUN. I've checked, rechecked, set, and reset the timing every which way, tried 180 off and everything inbetween. 2 ECUS, 2 coil packs, 2 CPS's, 4 sets of plugs...

I just think that something aint right.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Improper ground. I bet.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
wow some people dont read

He put his ECU in a good running MK3 and the car would not run with his ecu but ran fine with its own ecu.....

So he thinks his ecu is bad do to wiring problems

what you should do is unplug your ecu then tern your key on. take a meter or test light and touch every single ecu pin (harness side) and see what has power now go back and make shore each one should or shouldn't have power. This will take some time but if your in the dark and think its bad wiring this will be a good place to start.

BUT if you got this harness form Pina you should be talking directly to him as he knows what should be what and how he powerd the ecu

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ I'm not going into details or knocking him, but I want a third party to look at this to see whats going on.

I'll throw the thing in a box along with a check and send it to whoever can check it out, make any necessary corrections, and ship it back. Or if they wanted to do it over the net, I take it to someone who can write up a schematic or w/e the way it's made now, and they check it that way... Obviously both parties destroy said schematics afterward so no one benefits from 935's work. (if they can check it, chances are they know it anyway) If that's a bad idea, just disregard it.

I know of one power wire that is coming up as a ground. I havent messed with the car in 2 weeks, so I cant remember exactly which one, but I believe it was the large black/red wire.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I told you that when you receive the harness, we have to go over several things.

We have to compare notes after it is in the car.

Everything must be done by email, as I can't be on the phone for 2 hours. But, via email, and with pictures, we can easily find out what is going on.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Everything must be done by email, as I can't be on the phone for 2 hours. But, via email, and with pictures, we can easily find out what is going on.
You know normally i would keep my mouth shut on stuff like this but here you have a costumer asking for public assistance do to problems with one of your products. He is even willing to pay someone to fix it (mined you he is trying to keep your name out of it to not offend you) and all you have to say is dont call me i dont have time for you. You have to email me.

Wow I wont to give you the benefit of the doubt but i cant overlook that costumer service.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
We have tried to talk on the phone before. It is too difficult during the week to do this.

It either has to be late at night or on the weekend. I have to be ready, sitting down, and at the computer looking at diagrams. Email is easier because I can respond at different points in the day. After hours or weekend, I'm available.

Allowing someone to call me on weekends, holidays, leap year, doesn't seem like bad customer service.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
O believe me i know whats involved. Thats exactly why i wont do harnesses for people but that doesn't change the fact that you know exactly what you should do. You out lined it in your gripe. Plan out a 2 hour block with your books in hand and get this done. Email back and forth could take weeks.

You made the harness you should be able to walk him threw it (if he is competent) inside of 2 hours if you have your books in front of you.

But thats just me....... Now in light of other threads i just saw about you it looks like i picked the absolute wrong time to open my mouth so i will shut it now.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I did not know there was a problem. This is the first I am hearing of this problem.

In our last conversation, he had the fuel pump going. I never heard back from him, so I assumed that it was up and running.

I am more than willing to help.

I'm also offering a return. He can return it for a full refund. The address is on the website.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts