Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team

i was hoping someone had a big brake kit left over they were not using. i have a 85 Aus spec MA61.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
George (Raptor Racing) is working on a kit soon maybe for next year. Just an FYI
I’m waiting for that before upgrading myself

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Doesn't Australia have weird rules about what can and can't be engineered/approved for brakes?

These are the kits i know of right now:

You can always research the z32 brake upgrade as well, that's a bit diy though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi Guys i need a kit with external dust boots on the pistons to be road legal in AUS. o have contacted Raptor racing quite a few times now and no ETA for the kit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
George (Raptor Racing) is working on a kit soon maybe for next year. Just an FYI
I’m waiting for that before upgrading myself

hey man do you remember what the pricing of the raptor racing kit was? as i am considering buying a kit from fastbrakes

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
hi Guys i need a kit with external dust boots on the pistons to be road legal in AUS. o have contacted Raptor racing quite a few times now and no ETA for the kit.
Reach out to ceika and see if they have boots, the wilwoods to my knowledge do not have boots i stand corrected there are wilwoods with boots, my older kit with dynapros i don't think has boots but again i could be wrong. The DIY 300zx z32 setup for the fronts will have boots tho as it is oem stuff from Nissan.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Following Wilwood calipers have dust-seal versions:
  • Aero4
  • Aero6
  • D154
  • Dynapro
  • Forged Narrow Superlite 4
  • Forged Narrow Superlite 6
  • Forged Dynalite Internal
  • Forged Dynapro Lug Mount Low Profile

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the thing i ordered a brake kit from Ceika as their website has listing for dust boots on the pistons. yes these kits are really expensive for a car that will only be running 350RWHP that is 350 Aussie hp by the way. haha. i put an order in for the Ceika kit at $2550USD they came back to me and stated the options i selected were not available in the caliper size I have selected.I would have to upgrade the caliper at a cost of $420USD on top. Turns out I can't use this upgraded caliper on the rotors I selected, which i can upgrade to the next size available for only $400USD.
$3370USD was the final total bill. i had already paid the $2550USD which caused allot of internal conflict for the week leading up to clicking that CHECKOUT button, only to be told I need to spend another $.820. leaving me slightly heartbroken I requested a refund and posted on here.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Wow!! Good to know! Thanks
I was somewhat considering it, but the exchange rate was insane enough at 2500.
No way now.
Fingers crossed George can hook us up in the spring

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow!! Good to know! Thanks
I was somewhat considering it, but the exchange rate was insane enough at 2500.
No way now.
Fingers crossed George can hook us up in the spring
george from raptor?

i need a kit with dust seals i have messaged them a few times on FB and they still do not have an update.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Following Wilwood calipers have dust-seal versions:
  • Aero4
  • Aero6
  • D154
  • Dynapro
  • Forged Narrow Superlite 4
  • Forged Narrow Superlite 6
  • Forged Dynalite Internal
  • Forged Dynapro Lug Mount Low Profile
as we AUS do not have stock for these readily available and with our strict engineering requirements i am unable to get the info to make up a kit for my car so trying to get a tried and tested full bolt on kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts