Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, I'm looking for a working front wiper motor for my 82 p-type.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
Double check that it's the motor that's dead and not the transmission. I've seen a few over the years that did not work but when I pulled out and tested the motor it worked fine when I bench tested it. Oftentimes it's the round plastic piece that ties the motor to the wiper linkage that wears out - the motor is actually turning but the wipers aren't.
Actually you don't have to pull the motor to test it - disconnect the electrical connector for the wiper and jumper 12v from the battery to pin 2 and put ground to the motor body and if it's still good, the motor should turn slow speed, or to pin 1 and ground for fast speed.

edit: BTW, if you see a wiper motor for sale that supposedly fits all Celica sub-models, it won't fit the Celica Supra. Celica Supra motor is different from Celica even though I've seen them listed as one size fits all.
I have a used one for sale - $65 plus shipping

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Double check that it's the motor that's dead and not the transmission. I've seen a few over the years that did not work but when I pulled out and tested the motor it worked fine when I bench tested it. Oftentimes it's the round plastic piece that ties the motor to the wiper linkage that wears out - the motor is actually turning but the wipers aren't.
Actually you don't have to pull the motor to test it - disconnect the electrical connector for the wiper and jumper 12v from the battery to pin 2 and put ground to the motor body and if it's still good, the motor should turn slow speed, or to pin 1 and ground for fast speed.

edit: BTW, if you see a wiper motor for sale that supposedly fits all Celica sub-models, it won't fit the Celica Supra. Celica Supra motor is different from Celica even though I've seen them listed as one size fits all.
I have a used one for sale - $65 plus shipping
It was for sure the motor as I did test it on my bench and nothing. I ended up finding one specifically for a Celica supra on eBay. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Hey,Dave! I'll buy that wiper motor for a back up!
Yes,it rains in Seattle.
I'll send you a PM.

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
Hi Dave
I am not sure what happened - I got your PM and replied with an affirmative and my Paypal address but somehow your PM and my response PM are not in the inbox or sent box. So I don't know if I really sent a PM back at you and I don't have your info either since that is gone, too.
The motor is boxed up and ready to go.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
The PM system is all goofy!I sent my info again.....

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Check your junk mail....
The PM system is NOT working. I sent you the info twice.I found your Email and sent the info that way.
I don't want to post my address on a public forum or my cell phone number.XXX-XXX-XX78.
Please try the PM thing again,Dave.

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
I sent you another PM yesterday and another three emails in the past two days. Are you receiving anything?

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
tracking number:9534612510169204159890
Estimated delivery date: 30 July

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
I think that this is all SORTED out.
We finally connected!:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts