Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Horizontal panel between the radiator and nose??

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Dang too bad nice option!!

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
10 years back, I traced another members panel and had it water jetted.I supplied the Aluminum and they made me 2 of them for $100.The company owns the program that they made for my header panel. In Seattle.

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Billy any update from 82supra??

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
10 years back, I traced another members panel and had it water jetted.I supplied the Aluminum and they made me 2 of them for $100.The company owns the program that they made for my header panel. In Seattle.
Think they could make more and think they still got the files?

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
YES! They OWN the file. In Seattle: GARDICO in Ballard. Mine was cut from 6061 1/8 " Aluminum plate. I supplied the materials. Mine is perfect. NOT CF- they hated it. A decade back, Billy.
They can do SS if you wish, but they are across the border from you. Shipping will be insane.
Can you BUY the program?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
never got a reply i heard he is not going to make them moving forward, i could make more if i had a original if ppl wanted,
Sorry for not replying Billy, I think the website format changed around the time you messaged me and I'm still getting used to the pm section. I'm living up north again, so no chance I'll get around to it. I can tell you with 100% confidence that it would be difficult to replicate the "dry" carbon fibre process. Maybe somebody will come up with a new design. GLWT

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YES! They OWN the file. In Seattle: GARDICO in Ballard. Mine was cut from 6061 1/8 " Aluminum plate. I supplied the materials. Mine is perfect. NOT CF- they hated it. A decade back, Billy.
They can do SS if you wish, but they are across the border from you. Shipping will be insane.
Can you BUY the program?
if i can get the file i could get them made here, i would be happy even getting a couple made in steel or aluminum, what you think shipping would cost?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for not replying Billy, I think the website format changed around the time you messaged me and I'm still getting used to the pm section. I'm living up north again, so no chance I'll get around to it. I can tell you with 100% confidence that it would be difficult to replicate the "dry" carbon fibre process. Maybe somebody will come up with a new design. GLWT
hey, can you do them in steel?

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Is there a water jetting service in Toronto?
FIND/MAKE a template and they can be made.
No carbon fiber for a material, it shreds and leaves nasty edges.
SS, composite, high temperature plastic and aluminum.
I made a template from Coroplast, way back. Gave it away.
Try these people: ;)

MATERIALS | AC Waterjet

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
No carbon fiber for a material, it shreds and leaves nasty edges.
SS, composite, high temperature plastic and aluminum.
Waterjet cuts clean, dry CF panels have had minimal shredding even on the fine corners with repeated abuse. I used aero-rubber edge guard to protect the paint. High temp plastic would prob be the way to go, aluminum next IMO.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts