15,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Bump for a miracle.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
15,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hopefully. I bought some Weber 45 DCOE carbs this past week. Project has taken another big step in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
William, have you contacted HKS, did they give you an idea how many set were made??

I have HKS sale pamphlets somewhere I think has pics...I dig around to see??

IIRC the cam covers were pictured with the cams (3 versions) and Turbo kits...I didn't consider the turbo kits or cams at the time since weren't CARB legal for California...

Reactions: racefanfoster

·
Registered
15,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
If you could scan those brochures that would be awesome. I asked them about the side draft kit and valve covers years ago when HKS USA was still open. They didnt have any info. I was hoping for specs on the cams that were in the M300 as I think the setup I have is literally the setup from that car as it disappeared decades ago and no one knows what happened to it. I am still waiting on some of the carbs I bought. I have purchased three 45 DCOE 9's, a 45 DCOE 13, and 45 DCOE 45. I have a matched set of 3 for the engine, and a couple of spares for parts etc... I may buy another pair of 13's I found to have another full set. Configure one for street driving, and the other for max power for dyno, drag strip, auto cross etc...

Reactions: racefanfoster

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
William, may take me a bit to pull them out of the file cabinet...or out of my files the garage...

I'll advise...

·
Registered
15,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Whenever you can. I would love to have scans.

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
You got it Sir!!

Reactions: williamb82

·
Super Moderator
8,269 Posts
You know it would probably be cheaper to just machine off the lettering on stock covers and have the new letters waterjet or laser cut and adhere them on and recreate them. Probably could be done for 200-300 bucks.

·
Registered
15,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
You know it would probably be cheaper to just machine off the lettering on stock covers and have the new letters waterjet or laser cut and adhere them on and recreate them. Probably could be done for 200-300 bucks.
I actually am in the process of buying some 5m Valve covers to finally send to you so you can draw it all up etc... (I didnt forget, just lots of side tracking going on) I know a guy local that would probably machine the old stuff out of the valve covers for me fairly cheap, then it is just a matter of getting the new letters laser cut the right size etc... At that point, possibly drill holes i nthe letters and use plug welds to attach them.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts