Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title says it, what are you guys using for your hub centering rings on your brake upgrade? Looking for a reasonability cost effective solution.

I looked at a bunch of standard pipe sizing charts but I couldn't find a off the shelf pipe size to work.

Stock supra hub bore 60.1mm (2.366142")
Stock MPV 4wd rotor hub center size 72.136mm (2.84")
ref

PM's from new members will be ignored, please reply here.

Will

·
Registered
36 Posts
Could you not use the ones suggested in the write up? im personally not running the centric rings and have had no issues car stops much better with the setup and car is far from stock in the engine bay.

I personally am running the same setup mpv/q45/stock hub machined down (done by hand) is300 arp extended studs and running a 16x8 konig rewind with a hub centric bore of 73.1.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't catch the recommend hub rings in the write up, was there a pipe size or part number and I just missed it?

Turned down by hand you say? how did you accomplish that?

Will

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes there is a Amazon link in the thread you shared.

I measured the area needed to be removed and carefully did it on a grinding wheel while spinning the hub with my hands and removing what was needed to be removed.
Turned out decent and there was a bit that needed to be removed but saved myself some money doing it that way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also commented on that thread when i was installing the setup because i was having issues with the caliper hitting the rotor but ended up spacing it out with a grade 8 washer

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also commented on that thread when i was installing the setup because i was having issues with the caliper hitting the rotor but ended up spacing it out with a grade 8 washer
also just make sure the stock hub gets machined enough to fit inside the hat.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the plastic hub rings (for the rims) but was looking more specifically for a steel rings, something I could weld to the hubs to fit the MPV rotors.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts