Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Truetrac installed and it requires non-LSD stubs for the diff. I'm guessing that Cressida or automatic supra stubs will do the job.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
not sure, but I think Ltypes were nonLSD.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Hey brother. You need to thank tire shredder aka Steve for this info:
I’m sending my diff to the same guy that built his. His name is Ken Francisco in Arizona (Gearinstalls.com). I was in the same boat and was looking forever for these stupid things. Believe they only came in the automatics.
Anyways, long story short... ken is our guy. He can machine these down for us and make it all work. I’ll be sending my diff out next month for a full truetrac setup. Can’t wait to see the results!

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I understand correctly the Truetrac needs longer stub axles than the OE LSD diff. What needs to be machined down? I've viewed a lot of the GearInstall posts and love his work.

·
Registered
299 Posts
FWIW I think there are a couple people in the TT thread who haven't had issues with the shorter stubs wandering out, they used stronger than original C clamps or something.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information!

I just found Tireshredders Truetrac write-up and someone mentioned that the LSD stubs with new circlips create enough friction to work for thousands of miles without problems.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yeah I never had an issue with the LSD stubs in the truetrac when I was still running a 7.5" diff. I did use new c clips though. The CV axles tend to push in a bit on the stubs constantly too.

I guess you could machine the inner parts of the truetrac splined sections shorter so the LSD shafts would lock in properly. That's probably the plan the gear installs guy has.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
I talked to Jamie (Cap'n 2jz) today, he went true that this summer.
The non LSD only works on the #342 trutrac, the original one. No longer available. The #644 replacement which is what i have and which is sold now, the non lsd stubs are not long enough to clip. Longer but not enough to clip, i tried. What i did now is have my splines reduced to fit lsd stubs which are easier to find.
Here is a pic of them:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I just ended up going 8" as the 7.5" just isn't up to the task of 2JZ power on 285 wide sticky tires.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may have found a set of non-lsd stubs and will update tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for adding to the conversation. I won't feel too bad if I end up running LSD stubs with new clips until I pull the diff apart someday and modify the TT gears. My race car is lowered and the axles tend to run near horizontal most of the time.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found a set near home and installed them. They still aren't long enough to set the circlips. I ran them for 2.5 hours on track and a dyno session with no problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts