Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 88635-14080 RESISTOR, COOLER UNIT BLOWER, the one with the pigtail and five leads. I just bought a hearty assortment of Nichrome wire and would like to try my hand at rebuilding one of these. I can't bring myself to tear up the intact one I have, so I would like to purchase a non-functioning one someone might have in their parts stash.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Looking for a 88635-14080 RESISTOR, COOLER UNIT BLOWER, the one with the pigtail and five leads. I just bought a hearty assortment of Nichrome wire and would like to try my hand at rebuilding one of these. I can't bring myself to tear up the intact one I have, so I would like to purchase a non-functioning one someone might have in their parts stash.
Thanks.
I think I have an idea of what Ur talking about... but a pic would help greatly.
If U could get that up when U get a chance

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It is number 1 on the diagram.
It's the resistor that is used to control the blower fan speed.

View attachment 13865
Yes, that's what I thought U were referring to.. just wanted to make absolutely sure... Actually have 1 sitting on the side table in the Living room, LOL... That's a good one... that I HAVE to put in a protective container... as I broke the coil on 1 by NOT putting it in a good container right away...

I don't think I threw out the broken one... thinking that it could b soldered or something... so I will keep an eye out for it... but can't go looking for a specific small part like that...

So that's all I can say for now... will be in touch when I find the broken one...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thanks Dave, let me know if you run across one.
Judd.
NP. Judd... Quick Question... would a defective one of these... at least CONTRIBUTE ... to the "No Heat In Cabin" Issue? Both my remaining cars have that issue... but I haven't been too concerned about it as the plan is ONLY to use them as SUMMER cars... I know there's a write up about it... but haven't gone thru it top to bottom yet... but will a some point as even during the summer there can be High Humidity/Rain or whatever... that will cause the Windows to Fog...

Anyway, no rush to get back to me... but would like to know more about how this Resistor functions...

Cheers,

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Dave, the resistor block only has action on fan speed. Depending on speed selection, current flows true different coils. Since the coils have different resistor values, the speed is limited differently by each.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Dave, the resistor block only has action on fan speed. Depending on speed selection, current flows true different coils. Since the coils have different resistor values, the speed is limited differently by each.
aaaaah I See... Thnx, Jocelyn...

·
Premium Member
5,517 Posts
NO HEAT issue may be a disconnected sensor by the radiator OR inside the console.
Maybe defective heater control valve on the firewall-controlled by a vacuum signal.No vacuum=no heat.

Fogging windshield? Maybe a very small heater core leak....Oh,gawd,NO!
Perhaps a windshield leak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts