Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
The easiest one to find are the carbon fiber one from Raptor/Advan.
Good steel ones are rare.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The easiest one to find are the carbon fiber one from Raptor/Advan.
Good steel ones are rare.
I know about the CF ones was just trying to find something decent stock even if needed a little work, its for a second MK2 build

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
Whenever you buy one make sure to have them remove the seal to inspect. Usually what you see in rust is just the tip of the iceberg on these. They usually start at the bottom of the seal and rust outwards to the surface so once you can see it its pretty terminal at that point.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whenever you buy one make sure to have them remove the seal to inspect. Usually what you see in rust is just the tip of the iceberg on these. They usually start at the bottom of the seal and rust outwards to the surface so once you can see it its pretty terminal at that point.
Thanks for the advise its appreciated my friend , what causes them to rust from under the seal? does debris and water build up there or something?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi, i was looking for it and i wonder if i got rid of it ...can't remember but here are some pics of other stuff i have for sale, just in case you need something else, sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Water gets in there and cannot escape. And since the steel edge dont receive too much paint....
When I reassemble mine after paint in 2004, I've put silicone in the bottom of the seal opening before sliding the panel into it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts