Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,451 Posts
That's the cast iron piece right?? They can actually break very easily...just broke a passenger side one the other day when the leg of the engine hoist banged against one on a good engine...that's all it took to break...very annoying...good thing I have others...LOL

Yes, I'll have the driver side.

PM me with your zip..

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup cast iron. pm on the way...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quick question, is the car still driveable without this? not that im contemplating in not getting this, but i just wanna drive her in the meantime....

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,451 Posts
Hey Bob;

Could we set something up (sort of a gentleman's agreement I guess) that if I'm in contact with someone and have set something up with them about a particular part, that you (or anyone else for that matter) don't try and horn in on things??? It's happened with you a few times in the past few weeks and I really didn't think that was your style really. It's kinda annoying to spend some time back and forth emailing someone, digging the part out/sending a pic....and then have someone else jump in and sell their part.

Or is the "'code" for this for this "PM sent" from the seller to the potential buyer??

If I (or anyone else selling something) actually don't have the part or for some reason what I(they) have is not acceptable to the potential buyer...absolutely NP...for anyone to then offer what they have.

If it isn't already, I think that kind of "understanding" for everyone on the CS site, is only fair.

I guess what I'm saying is that the person who responds first/initiates something should be given a chance to arrange something without being scooped by someone else.

You and I have had a great working relationship, Bob and I've bought a fair amount of stuff from you (besides a whole car, LOL) and certainly appreciate some suggestions/input you've given me...but I felt compelled to mention about this...because it is kind of annoying...IMHO.

Respectfully,

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Hi Dave;

I understand and respect your request, but I was not trying to 'scoop' you. I was, like you, responding to Jonathan's request in which he said: "Looking to see who has a w58 trans assembly for the drivers side" and "if any of you guys have this ...". I assumed from his request that he was not wishing to be limited to one possible source. In fact, if you think about it, when you are looking for a part do you want only one reply? If you were to place an ad in the 'wanted' forum for a part, or even a whole car, do you think that only one person should reply and that you should be prevented from getting offers from several people? I know I wouldn't want to be limited in that way. On the other hand, if you have something to sell and you place an ad in the 'for sale' section then I don't think it is appropriate to intrude into your thread and offer a similar part. If I want to offer my part it would be more appropriate for me to start my own thread. This is the distinction I make between the 'wanted' and 'for sale' sections.

To re-state my view - If I advertise for something wanted, I doesn't mean I want to have the responses limited to only ONE person. I try to put myself in the shoes of the person who is looking for a part in order to determine what is appropriate.

I value the relationship we have had in the past and hope it can continue. I also hope you understand my view.

Sincerely;
Bob

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Yes, I see some validity to what your saying Bob...and I do agree that if looking for a part I would want more than one reply. However, all things being relatively equal, I would (personally) tend to go for the person who responded first as a matter of principal...I value my time...but I equally value other peoples time if I know that they've had to do some digging/effort to try and find/pull stuff on my behalf.

Just as an example, I've just spent a couple of hours locating a part, emailing back and forth about 4 times to check part numbers, measure weigh and get shipping quotes...so it is kinda annoying if someone else (not necessarily you, but anyone in general) kinda jumps in when one has kinda done all that "legwork".

But OK, I guess I'll have to accept that as a part of CS life, LOL.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Part sent!

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Jonathan
I've got some stiffeners cheap, both sides, if you still need. I've driven without them in the past, no harm. I wouldn't go to the track or do much boosting or go too long without them but you should be okay for a few days taking it easy without the stiffener while you're waiting. I assume your engine and tranny mounts are all okay and the bellhousing bolts too.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey dave, ive already found the part but ill keep you mind next time. ive been easy on her so far, but man does she pull nicely....

we have to meet up sometime before it gets cold

1 - 11 of 11 Posts