Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a brake booster. Mine is rusty and has brake fluid inside, and it's been sitting in there since I bought the car 3 years ago.. I got a "new" reman master cylinder, cleaned the lines and prop valve, now I need a booster.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Some on Ebay

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had troubles with finding a working one as well. Ended up just buying a brand new MK3 Supra brake booster & master. Its a bit more sensitive than I wished for. I wish i could find a new original one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks. I might end up taking a chance on the one from that blue car, although I'd rather see if I could find one a little cheaper, or at least one I know is good. Says sold as a rebuildable core for liability, but also offers a 6 month warranty, so I guess I could probably return it if it's messed up.

Yeah man, I had no idea it would be this hard to find a booster for cheapish. Thought about trying to get a MKIII booster too, but haven't been able to find one much cheaper than a hundred bucks.

When I first got this car 3 years ago there were two MKIII supras in the junkyards, one MKII, and one cressida that I could get parts off of. A couple months later, as I started trying to find parts they were gone, haven't seen any supras or cressidas since, over 2.5 years later. You snooze you lose. I keep thinking surely something will pop up but.. nothin. Like Yukon Cornelius.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks. I might end up taking a chance on the one from that blue car, although I'd rather see if I could find one a little cheaper, or at least one I know is good. Says sold as a rebuildable core for liability, but also offers a 6 month warranty, so I guess I could probably return it if it's messed up.

Yeah man, I had no idea it would be this hard to find a booster for cheapish. Thought about trying to get a MKIII booster too, but haven't been able to find one much cheaper than a hundred bucks.

When I first got this car 3 years ago there were two MKIII supras in the junkyards, one MKII, and one cressida that I could get parts off of. A couple months later, as I started trying to find parts they were gone, haven't seen any supras or cressidas since, over 2.5 years later. You snooze you lose. I keep thinking surely something will pop up but.. nothin. Like Yukon Cornelius.
What i ended up doing was buying one for like 50 off ebay, worked better but still had a leak, returned that one got one for 100 and it worked perfectly so im sure as they got warranties you might just got to keep buying and trying.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up getting the one off that blue supra, hoping it works. Thanks for the replies. The date on the windshield is March this year, and it has a final warning tow sticker on the side. So I'm thinking there's a good chance it was being driven fairly regularly, then it died and got left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts