Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new OEM (Toyota), in-the-package BLACK MKII shifter boot that I'd like to trade for someone who just might have a band new OEM Toyota MKII BLUE shifter boot.

Just purchased this black one couple months ago to use as a pattern (or to re-color) to replace my blue one, but then thought there just MIGHT be someone out there with a new blue one who would be willing to trade (or sell their blue one outright maybe?).

Jus' let me know.

Earl

P.S.--Only interested in trading (not gonna sell the black one outright), as I WILL use it as a pattern or re-color if I cannot find a new blue boot.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats the boot worth?
I paid $59 for this OEM black one I have. Black is the only color MKII shifter boot still available from Toyota (and not many of those), but I need blue. I'm not really interested in a third party solution (I know there are several out there selling 'equivalents'), but want to stick with an OEM replacement if I can find one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
willing to sell the one you have?
Well, as I mentioned in my opening post, I don't want to sell the black one I have UNLESS I can find someone who has a blue one that they are willing to sell outright. If so, then I'd have absolutely no need for the black one and would be willing to sell it then.

But...if I simply cannot get a new blue one for whatever reason, then I'll use this black one as a pattern or to re-color for the blue I need.

Earl

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, that's the same place I got this one. Mark at Vancouver might have some black ones too, not sure.

Don't know how many more this particular eBayer has left, but no blue ones left anywhere, that I can find.

Trade offer still stands for anyone who has a new blue shift boot. Would probably be willing to toss in a little incentive $$ to make it worth the effort.

Earl

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yep, that's the same place I got this one. Mark at Vancouver might have some black ones too, not sure.

Don't know how many more this particular eBayer has left, but no blue ones left anywhere, that I can find.

Trade offer still stands for anyone who has a new blue shift boot. Would probably be willing to toss in a little incentive $$ to make it worth the effort.

Earl
Did you buy a black shift knob from him too? I was going to get one but the last two sold in the last month while I was thinking about whether or not to pull the trigger - when I did they were gone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you buy a black shift knob from him too? I was going to get one but the last two sold in the last month while I was thinking about whether or not to pull the trigger - when I did they were gone.
No, on the shifter knob I was ok. I replaced my 'factory' knob back in 2001 (along with the boot) when both were still readily available from Toyota, but then wanted to replace them both AGAIN in late summer '08 while the engine was out for the rebuild (the knob and boot I got in 2001 were still in decent shape, but I though it would be good to get new ones while I could). I was able to get another new blue knob in '08 (about one of the last ones left at the time), but was NOT able to get the shift boot in blue anywhere.

When I saw these black boots available from this eBayer a couple months back (and even they were in short supply), I thought -- at the very least -- I could get a new black shift boot and use it as a re-color specimen or as a master pattern to have a new blue one made by a third party.

Most of the currently advertized third party replacements I've seen out there are not stitched the same as the OEM one and I'm trying to keep the original OEM look. Most of the third party options actually look 'better' than the OEM boot, but again, I'm going for originality to the OEM version, hence my desire to find someone who has a new blue one on hand.

Earl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts