Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
X-Mods.....
I recently bought this little new RC car from Radio Shack.. They're called Xmods, and what you can do is completely fix and customize the RC with aftermarket upgrades.. ie:springs, motors, bodykits, wheels, rims.. These toys R tight!!! You can convert them to all wheel drive.. I bought a Yellow Skyline and allready did a few mods. They do have supra's (MKIV) which my girlfriend and best friend bought.. Here's a link to the sight http://xmodsrc.com/ ... My buddies and I all have a crew goin on and we race, drift, and do some track sessions.. Pretty fun in my opinion.
I hope ya'll enjoy this toy as much as me. :D
-melly

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
neat, I wonder if RadioShack canada will actually carry these. Don't suppose the steering is analog?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Melly you should of gone nitro, nitro cars have mkiv supra, skyline, etc body kits, and there way more fun than a electric car, most nitro cars usually reach speeds of 50 to 60 mph, stock trim, however they are more expensive usually at 250 to 300 for good ones, i have a t maxx 2.5 nitro truck and let me tell you its really fun playing with it but maintanence and cleaning it aint that fun, good choice though hope you have tons of fun with your new rc car

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I just bought a 350Z Xmod this past weekend. It has the AWD kit, Stage 2 motor, light kit, and the suspension upgrade. I have ordered online a wide track bearing kit, carbon fiber driveshaft (dont laugh it give 3kmh increase on the dyno), and a set of aluminum wheel nuts. Its a blast to drive and damn fast already, but I have seen some videos online of ones that do close to 40mph which is insane for a little car like this, of corse theres hardly any Radio shack parts left in there at that point, but thats what the fun of it is start with something small and bui;d and build and build.

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
thers pretty small and fun. i played with one at erics job. pretty quick little car. i need to get one myself but my real car comes first. hehehe.
william

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
OMG...i have 2 of these....i have a white mk4 w/ a boy kit, rims, tires, internal attena...10 tooth stage 2 motor and the eibach springs all around..
and my red mk4 has all the same but a 8 tooth gearing

my friends have alot something like 3 rsxs 1 civic and 2 skylines...mine is the fastest....ima bring mine to the next meet i go to ..lol...but they can suck some money fast..

and suprawes The carbon fiber driveshaft is a waste...just get rid of the whole drive shaft by cuttin it in half and just glueing the gear to it...IT HELPS ALOT W/ Torque...big improvement on my red car...

o ya....>JUST GET RECHARGEABLES...they suck down some juice...
Have fun :twisted:

and thats where most of my turbo project goes to lol...some dang on toy

and there is a video of on hitting a wheelie at 20 mph...

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
If I got rid of the driveshaft I would loose my AWD and with the power levels I am aiming for AWD is a must. Next round of mods wil be a 2 cell LI-Ion kit,it cuts the battery weight by about 30% by using 2 AA size lthium cells and they put out more voltage so it gets the top speed in the 25mph range with a stock motor. Upgrade the FET's and add an aftermarket motor and it will put you in the 30's.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Gage006 said:
holy crap, i need to get me one of these now, lol.

I should have showed you mine when you come down.

Red MKIV, stage two white motor, wheel/rim upgrade, red springs in the back yellow upfront, .15 tow bar in the rear and I painted the hood spoiler and skirts black.

Oh and the light kit.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
lmao why does it not surprise me you have one? probably piled in that garage too :p you'll have to show me next time. maybe i'll need parts from you again.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sounds like alot of fun! Wish I could afford one or two. Oh well maybe one day! And hey.....maybe I missed a link.....but where's ur guy's pics? :p

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I will try and get some pictures up in the next few days.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Suprawes u have to much money on your hands...
but ok
My supras are fun but i would rather my 6m be in than to have a hotrod mini Mk4

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have had 3 of these for a few months now. Well, 4 if you count the spare body. I have 2 Supras, 1 Civic (for experimenting with neon), and a spare body. The first Supra is just the main driving car, and the only one with mileage on it. The second Supra is white with red body kit, it has a specially modified stage 4 motor in it, the all wheel drive, carbon fiber driveshaft, light kit, bearings, new rims, new tires, suspension upgrade, and a 6 cell battery kit. Haven't driven this yet, as I'm afraid I would break it. The motor in it is designed for top speed, and produces somewhere around 2x the speed of the stage 3. The Civic, well, I bought that with the intention of putting some LED's on it and trying for an underbody neon kit. It worked pretty well, but was heavy as hell and wasn't driven much as I didn't want to beat up the body.

Anyway, bottom line is these cars are fun. You have basement space? Use it. Me and a few friends had 4 cars whipping around at one time in his basement. Problem with these things, spending is contagious. Once you buy it, you want to constantly upgrade it. Other than that, they're fun fun fun.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hmmm...yeah, my REAL Supra is getting my money... I asked and she won't let me get one :(

She is a fierce and fickle mistriss :whip:

·
Registered
67 Posts
These xmods are also very durable. I just launched mine by total accident off a second floor balcony onto concrete and only have a couple small scratches to show for it. Thats it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
im sorry guys but its tamaya bit chargee all the way
my evo 5 with 2.6 engine with slicks will own you

·
Registered
438 Posts
These are fairly new, RC racing is not. I have been racing 10th and 12th scale RC cars since 1988. This is a big business with fully sponsored drivers making 6 figure salaries. I'm sure these things are tough to drive, but to watch a group of sponsored drivers racing 12th scale cars indoors on carpet is a site to behold. They look like a train, racing so tight together for 8 minutes. I will try to post some pics of my old 12th scale which is not much different then todays cars. I do like the idea of being able to race in a small space and they are a lot less money then racing full size cars. (at least 12th the price) Finding a track to run on is one of the biggest problems with RC racing.

Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts