Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,143 Posts
Not much of it. The heads and things that bolt to it are very different between the 1JZ, 2JZGE, & 2JZGTEs.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Not much of it. The heads and things that bolt to it are very different between the 1JZ, 2JZGE, & 2JZGTEs.
mmm thanks, i checked the first page of this thread, in gasket: there is just the 1jzgte option, i thought it will work in the 2jzge.:ugh:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
thanks pituala, just wondering cause i really dont want to buy a ebay or rockauto gasket kit, :eekfacepalm:, if Mark could give me my quote (im still waiting) :eekfacepalm:.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
thanks pituala, just wondering cause i really dont want to buy a ebay or rockauto gasket kit, :eekfacepalm:, if Mark could give me my quote (im still waiting) :eekfacepalm:.

thanks guys.
Keep in mind that the 1j/2j turbo motor gaskets are thicker than the non turbo GE motors, so it will lower your compression ratio.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Keep in mind that the 1j/2j turbo motor gaskets are thicker than the non turbo GE motors, so it will lower your compression ratio.
i didnt know that, ive been looking for an engine gasket kit, seems like felpro doesnt carry it, or just a few parts, and driftmotion just offer kits for jzgte engines, i really want a oem gasket kit.:naughty:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
i didnt know that, ive been looking for an engine gasket kit, seems like felpro doesnt carry it, or just a few parts, and driftmotion just offer kits for jzgte engines, i really want a oem gasket kit.:naughty:
Why don't you contact Mark at Vancouver Toyota? He's my OEM Toyota parts supplier. He gives great prices too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Actually, I'm currently swapping my supra 83 with a 1JZGTE of JZA70:zzzzz:.
I just got lost in the wiring:32:.
I would like to have your advice/help about harness change for this swap.

Thanks a lot for you help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok here my problem. Swapping a 2jz with automatic transmission and the speed odometer will not work. Something about, "An electrical to mechanical switch?!?" Is there a fix for this?

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Ok here my problem. Swapping a 2jz with automatic transmission and the speed odometer will not work. Something about, "An electrical to mechanical switch?!?" Is there a fix for this?
The way how I did it with mine (A341E) was to swap the extension housing on the back of the transmission with one from a MA70 Auto or a MX83 Auto as it has SP2 sensor but a mechanical drive (instead of SP1). I drove the the mechanical speedo with SP2 for a long time (and the shifting was not ideal) until I brought a PCS to control the transmission better. I couldn't at the time of conversion (in 2005) I could not find a eletrical/mechanical way to make the speedo work.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Well I couldn't find my answer here at all. I did a search too with no results. Maybe its because I was told about this outside the forum. So my understanding from "THIS" thread is that a MK2 Auto Trans mount is what I will need to mount the 5 speed swap? OK Heres where I was looking for the info. From what I herd is that the MK3 Auto trans will work as well. But what I dont know is if the MK3 can be either or NA or T. MK2s at the yard are getting harder to find and Auto out all things is also hard to find.

·
Registered
15,003 Posts
if using an r154, then you need the auto mk2 trans crossmember just like any other r154 swap into the mk2. if your using an auto trans, same crossmember is needed. as for the actual auto trans mount, mk3 n/a and t both use an a340 series trans so the mount is the same for each of them. in fact, a mk4 auto mount might even work. have to check the bolt pattern to where it bolts to the crossmember. if it does bolt up, then you could use the trd urethane auto trans mount for the mk4

·
Registered
15,003 Posts
no, the mk3 crossmember will not work on a mk2. it is a different width alltogether. crossmember needed for a r154 is a auto mk2 crossmember. same needed for auto trans. if using a w58, a stock mk2 5 speed crossmember will be needed. btw, in case you forgot, car-part.com look there and youll find one prolly for dirt cheap too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What's the deal with the ebay 2jz motors being so cheap? When I go and search through I can look them up for just over 2grand. That comes with wiring trans oil pump the works. I smell a scam but they say they have a 30 day warranty? I'm thinking about doing it to build a kick ass project.

·
Super Moderator
8,143 Posts
I bought mine from an ebay seller. The warranty is pretty much useless since you're unlikely to have it in the car in 30 days. Just make sure to put it on a credit card so you can dispute the charges easier. The motor you get is pretty much random luck no matter where you buy it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
What's the deal with the ebay 2jz motors being so cheap? When I go and search through I can look them up for just over 2grand. That comes with wiring trans oil pump the works. I smell a scam but they say they have a 30 day warranty? I'm thinking about doing it to build a kick ass project.
Scour the junkyards for Lexus vehicles and pick up a 2jz-ge from a gs300 or an sc300, same motor as a TT minus oil squirters and compression, then just go NA-T later. I picked mine up for 330$ after tax, full turn key swap, ignititor, all accessories, uncut harness, ecu, AFM, starter etc...just going to re-use my w58 from my mkii. Should be about 1500$ overall after it's all said and done, no AC (that's including some maintenance I have to do, clutch, carrier bearing...etc)

If not, the best way to find a good TT motor is to go straight to an importer and pick one out, that way you can visually inspect it first hand....see what is missing, cut plugs and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys got a 2jz question. It is going on three years and my mechanic still having problems with this conversion. Here is the deal; the engine is in the car and starts. No problem running in idle. Only problem I am having is the throttle. The care does not want to rev up. I have an automatic transmission with traction control. I (more like the mechanic) ended up using Nissan throttle body cause “the part was lying around and fit well”. Replaced all the sensors and the igniter box and still the same problem. They have been stumped on this since November. Any ideas or suggestions on fixing this are appreciated.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts