Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really. I finally washed out my 2 year old cone filter yesterday. It used to be red, was black when I removed it, now it's somewhat pink/grey... minus the couple lbs of bugs removed from it as well. My lawds WHAT a difference it has made! I can't wait to replace my spark plugs :)

Sorry, no pictures, just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
this is sooo true. I have a cone filter tucked down in the front corner in a heat insulated box so I dont see it (just the box) when the hood is open...and its not normally till I have to take it off when I notice how caked with crap it is.

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those pics above were taken AFTER the trip... seriously does no justice to how it looked yesterday. very very black, like someone had blown charcoal soot onto it.

btw I had never ever cleaned it before. I'm running it dry now, no oil for it.

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How far did you drive?
Altogether? That air filter has about 27,000ish miles on it. It was 4,000 just to get from Tacoma, WA to here, and it was on my cars original 5MGE before I put the 6M in it.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I only VERY LIGHTLY oil my filter...and I mean really lightly.

I dont like putting all that on my filter to get sucked in. intake pipe (to turbo) is clean and oil free so I thinks its doing just fine.

Clean that filter more often..lol

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
  • Heres what it looked like newish

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
T
Don't drive very far without oil in the filter. A lot of dirt goes thru. Also. it's a good idea to change your oil after you oil up the filter.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Those pics above were taken AFTER the trip... seriously does no justice to how it looked yesterday. very very black, like someone had blown charcoal soot onto it. btw I had never ever cleaned it before. I'm running it dry now, no oil for it.
T, have you ever thought about using an Amsoil Ea cone filter with a pre-filter sleeve? The sleeve would take most of the abuse and protect the filter.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eaau.aspx

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eapf.aspx

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave, I've wanted one of those pretty blue filters for a long time now, hehe. Of course, it always comes down to money... and the fact I don't have any

/facepalm

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
I'm not a vendor on the forum just yet so I can't sell any Amsoil products on the forum for profit, but I could get you both filters for my dealer cost like I have for other forum members in the past. Send me a PM if you're interested.

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not a vendor on the forum just yet so I can't sell any Amsoil products on the forum for profit, but I could get you both filters for my dealer cost like I have for other forum members in the past. Send me a PM if you're interested.
I'm interested, I just need a job first lol. I'm having a hard enough time just getting new spark plugs :eekfacepalm:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts