1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Either I am smoking something or this guy is definitely shooting up! Anyone else found the ultra-rare '84 l-type with the 350hp motor???
Must be that high flow catback he added :roll:

Christian

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Naw...its those blue ignition wires. Everyone knows blue wires make more power :lol:

·
Registered
430 Posts
damn if I realized you could get 300hp out of a stock 84 supra with some neat plug wires and an upgraded exhaust and stock intake I would have never gone turbo....

:lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Somebodies dreaming on this one. $2000 for an L-type that need engine work, transmission work, and some paint? Oh wait I forget, it has 350 hp :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, and what the hell did this guy have done to the engine that cost him 2,000 and it still needs rings and seals!!!

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Well, at least it proves one thing. I don't own the ONLY mk2s in the entire Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. There IS another one out there somewhere :shocked!: I was beginning to feel so alone :cry:

Phil D.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
pdupler said:
Well, at least it proves one thing. I don't own the ONLY mk2s in the entire Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. There IS another one out there somewhere :shocked!: I was beginning to feel so alone :cry:

Phil D.
I'm not sure you would want to be associated with this guy anyway :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
the blue wires and hi flo cat contribute, but the only obvious way to get 350 horses under the hood of an l type is to put it on a flat bed tow truck. seriously though, with the blue wires, if the rings and valve stem seals are worn JUST RIGHT, you can more than double the stock hp. this is a little known secret. it happens on most supras right at 125,000 miles, and may last up to 3 seconds.

we should invite this guy to post...

·
Registered
430 Posts
yea he would be fun to harass. we could get him to talk about his secret mods to get 350 out of an Ltype without a massive shot of nitrous or a big turbo :)

majjam1954 said:
the blue wires and hi flo cat contribute, but the only obvious way to get 350 horses under the hood of an l type is to put it on a flat bed tow truck. seriously though, with the blue wires, if the rings and valve stem seals are worn JUST RIGHT, you can more than double the stock hp. this is a little known secret. it happens on most supras right at 125,000 miles, and may last up to 3 seconds.

we should invite this guy to post...

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
at least he didn't say it was a v-6 like most of the other bad ads I've spotted for Supras. I always contact them and ask if they swapped the v-6 into it or they bought it that way - some of the responses I've gotten are quite entertaining.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
hah, just try and find a cressida add that says it has an I6 instead of a v6 in it, now those are rare.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It must be the cracked turn signal lens, missing filler panel, and bad bodywork on the passenger fender that is adding some more power. The engine bay looks really nice and clean though, I like that!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts