Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am coming home from work the other night with the windows down (it is already in the mid 70's here) when this late 80's CADILLAC pulls up next to me full of teenage kids (no offence intended to those of you that are teens in this group) hoopin' and hollerin wanting to race. I looked at him like "you have got to be kidding me.......right??" If this had been one of the newer ones with that 300hp northstar I could understand (and would have been smoked!), but this thing was missing BAD. So I gave him the nod and let him out in front a bit (two car lengths). I then eased onto the gas and slipped by in the most rediculous race I have ever been in!! Some people are just stupid. :roll:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Join the club.....we get the teens etc in old aussie cars tryn to drag us off.....we just sit beside them for a few sec's then put the pedal down a bit further and pull away.......much to thier discust.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Try living in a college town full of riced out hondas/mitsus/acuras, etc. everyone thinks their car is fast, and with the exception of the occasional turbo floating around, they are all stock. no one ever wants to race my "celica" though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hell, I get a lot of people wanting to race my celica just because I have an exhaust on it. It's always entertaining to see the look on some kids face when he realizes that his new civic just got dusted by an 18 year old car with 278,000 miles on it. Unfortunately my lowly four cylinder can only take the lower end models, civi SIs and integra GSRs still kick my ass. Only till I get my engine done though. 350 RWHP should do the trick. hehe, they'll never know what hit em.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well, if you get bored of Corvallis, come up to Monmouth. We've got more old school muslce running around here then you can shake a stick at... well, per captia anyway. I'm always kinda nervious around here in my baby, cause while I can (and do) smoke most of the ricers were, I'm half expecting some old Nova/Chevelle to see it and decide to put the hurt on me... I supose I could suggest a race with a couple corners in it :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts