Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets all take a look back and post your first post or a post that was from your first few days on the board. I found mine by coincidence. I know its from my join date so has to be one of the first. Kinda fun looking back and seeing how far you have come in cars and life.

Well, i am brand new to the board, but have owned a 85 Supra for close to 8 months now. I have the resorces for an engine swap and am looking for a 2JZ. I found one out of a 97 supra for $4,000 including the computer, just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good deal or not? The motor has 48,000 miles on it. O and my car is currently an automatic, so i would also be looking for a manuel tranny.
At that point in time, I didn't even own or have access to any metric tools, now I build my own motors.

Some of these should be interesting!

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
...me being an asshole in 2003.
http://celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567
Some things never change...

Remember when Alex created that fake girlfriend "Amber" and Zank and I kept goading him into interacting affectionately towards us?
http://celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2248
lol'z.

First kill thread, FTD at a local autox.
http://celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2322
Fun stuff...

I got real drunk and deleted a PM I wanted to respond to...
http://celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9686
...what happened?!

--billyM

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
So far all I see is first topics started, I know that my first post was before my first started topic. But I cannot find a way to search that far back.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I was looking for two LJM bars :)
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=10

Something that stumped me was that my first
Post date: 03-12-2003, 10:48 PM
my join date: 03-13-2003
LOL i posted something on the forum before i joined? :zzzzz::sarcasm:

Alot of these posts bring back lots of memorable moments in cs.com history LOL

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts
My first thread went something like this: "Hello, my name is Phil and I'm a Supraholic." "Hello, Phil. Tell us about yourself." "I've been addicted to Supras for over ten years. I've got three of them now and I can't stop buying every one I see." "You've just taken your first step toward recovery in admitting you have a problem." ;) You guys have been a big help. Some of you bought all my extra Supras, leaving me with just one. Now I can resist the temptation of rescuing all of the marginal Supras on Craigslist, but I have to remain vigilant as the MSS virus is still there, lying dormant, waiting for the most pristine example to show up practically right on my doorstep and trigger a relapse.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
I want one! memememe

Post 1
I'm looking for a solid 84 or 85 Celica Supra. I am preferably looking for an original car with original paint (ideally) with no rust, or very limited surface rust.

If anyone is selling a car like this in the greater Quebec area, or Ontario please PM me or drop me an email [email protected]

Any offers are very apreciated
I got a couple funny first posts lol

Hey all, I just got my supra and noticed how horrific and ancient the sound system is in it. So what Im trying to say it how do you take the dash apart, I found some the the screw and bolts (which I found odd/not accustomed too) but dont want to try and figure out if there are any clips by tugging and breaking my mint stock dash. Im talking about the piece under the steering wheel, and above the passenger foot compartment, I know there is a speaker hiding under there.

and so I wont be shocked when I see how small the dash speakers are, can someone tell me!

Thanks a lot for the help!
OHH all the good times I've had with this car already hahahaha at this one

what is PB by the way, I'm not familiar. And its the threads that are jammed, just to be sure you know what wont come off. I went at it again, no luck. Are using vice grips the right route? I broke one just now, to give you an idea of how much its jammed up. The spring load on the vice grip exploded and popped off the tierod. I squeezed it on as hard as I could and it broke the vice grip.... any suggestions?
I ended up using 2 18" long pipe wrenches, one I held and on the end of the other one was my dad, one on the inner and 1 on the outer tie rod. 18 inch pipe wrenches!

Man noobish :eekfacepalm:

what is the thingy that is on the air intake tube in the middle between the filter and the throttle body and what purpose does it serve? I looked at the inside of it and couldnt figure out exactly what it does.

·
Registered
253 Posts
what is the thingy that is on the air intake tube in the middle between the filter and the throttle body and what purpose does it serve? I looked at the inside of it and couldnt figure out exactly what it does.
LOLOLOL

i was sitting quietly in my office and i read that and started busting up. needless to say, the rest of the office was kind of disturbed by my laughter. :zzzzz:

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
So how do you guys dig that info out to find those old posts? I'd like to see the smack down I got from Junkie as a newb years ago lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts