Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ne1 ever used this kit on a mk2 before? i was wondering if it was ne good. i have read reviews and all of them were positive but most of them were honda so i wasnt sure. any help apreciated

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
If you are still around, Yes, nitrous is a great thing to add to the supra. its good to start off with a small shot, 35 shot, and slowly increase the power. The most anyone has ever gone to on here was a 75 shot, and it was iffy. I would use a 50 shot after you get some experience. Anything over that and its overkill.

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Well you neesd to know more than just jet size. There are amny different setups. wet/dry single-"fogger" vs direct port, etc. Understand the host system, understand the nitrous kit, and then all answers will be clearly laid infront of you.

--BillyM

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
ok, i have to do it....

"I need NOS...give me one of thoese big ones.....no make it two.....and Harry.....I need it by tonight!"...

haha i'm gay :billy_za:

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Hm.... dont remember that post. Anyhow, nitrous is a fantastic upgrade, but you must know its' drawbacks. It runs out, quite dangerous as far as pooling and backfiring, illegal, etc. If you understand all that, and dont mind using it sparingly (aka, ever-so-often pull up next to someone fast at a light or something like that, though I do not condone street racing, pulling through second gear enough to blow someone's doors off is not too awful unsafe) and nitrous will give you that ability.

That said, please tune it correctly. ...really. Find a shop, or a friend with a wideband, get a few different size fuel nozzles and do it right.

--billyM

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
my drag supra has 100 shot...50 shot did nothing for me ::shrug::

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Kiseki, how is that 100 shot working out for you. I have a wet system capable of up to a 200 shot, however, I was told not to go over 75 shot, or there may be engine damage?

Anyways thats great news you have that 100 shot working, And someday I hope to test that out. Thanks for that tid bit of knowledge.

For street applications I use the 35 shot, for racing the 50, and I have no need for more than a 50 because I have mild competition.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
is that 50 shot wet? i take that it is... well my 100 shot is dry. so its a huge difference than 100 wet. i run a dry system. and 50 shot was...rather weak. so i had opted for 100, 50 didnt seem to make a differnce to me. not even a mild boost of power. but i must remind u, my car isnt tuned. all i did was utilized my cold start injector for a lil added richness, and put a resistor so my injectors are always at full blast...hehe...my car is pig rich :( only meant for wot

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
OIC, Yeah, im running a wet system, its made by cold fusion. stage 2 kit I think? Im thinking about getting some nitrous controllers, so I can run 100 shot,

with the nitrous controllers, you can adjust the amount of spray even though u are running say a 100 shot nozzle. The power comes on gradually so your wheels dont spin,(the computer for the nitrous controller, knows this) which makes total sense if you were racing.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
batmobile said:
OIC, Yeah, im running a wet system, its made by cold fusion. stage 2 kit I think? Im thinking about getting some nitrous controllers, so I can run 100 shot,

with the nitrous controllers, you can adjust the amount of spray even though u are running say a 100 shot nozzle. The power comes on gradually so your wheels dont spin,(the computer for the nitrous controller, knows this) which makes total sense if you were racing.[/quote

:ttiwwp: Batmobile....I'm callling you out :twisted: I think your full of shit :!:

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Yea dood, I got nitrous too, I just use garden-hose valves and have a small midgett in the trunk who opens them variably as to not spin the tires too much. Its a 100shot, and he spits into the AFM to give me the extra enrichment necessary.

--billyM

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Well, Ok Im not possitive how the electronic nitrous controllers work, but they are out there,

I think they are programmable controllers (you control the setup), which limits some electric current to the selenoid, Causing less nitrous to comeout. There may be a purge system worked into it.

Anyways, you control how much flow of your nitrous system there is to the intake mani, causing a certain amount of HP, utilizing the larger jet.

Again, I definitely dont know what im talking about, but thats somewhat of what i briefly read an article about, and what my sketchy, untamed brain stored.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I'm still saying :ttiwwp:

Show us the Nitrous in your car.I'm betting ........as said before.......your full of shit :!:

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
ill get right on it junkie :lol:

No one has seen the batmobile yet, and no one will (until I am finished), thats what makes it the batmobile!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
:roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
batmobile said:
ill get right on it junkie :lol:

No one has seen the batmobile yet, and no one will (until I am finished), thats what makes it the batmobile!
:shock:

So does that mean that Gotham City is right next to Haverhill, Massachusetts?

*looks on map*

I'm telling The Joker, The Penguin and Mr. Freeze! Muhahahahahaha!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts