Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the 2JZ area...but seeing as this isn;t about the actual Swap of a 2J into a Mk II...I figured here would be better...

Anyway, does anyone know the actual size of the stock Mk IV MAF sensor?
What dimensions do you need? I can measure.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It looks like the sensor assy. length is approx 2.5" ... outer diameter of the joints appears to be 3.5"

...this is without pulling stuff apart. If you need more exact measurements LMK and I'll pull it apart and measure tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
ok. I'll do that tomorrow evening barring unforseen suprises.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Ok.

Inlet end inner diameter: 2.5"
Inlet end outer diameter: 3"
Outlet end inner diameter: 3"
Outlet end outer diameter: 3.25"
End-to-end: 4.75"

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Tho, then again, I am running 2.5" I/C piping... so is a 3x3" MAF really going to do that much for me?
Those flapper-style AFMs really suck ass. Bimmer guys get significant power upgrades with a switch to a MAF.

LMK what your dude says.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Supra Bob said:
LOL.. no Man, I meant a 3" inlet as opposed to a 2.5" inlet on the MAF... I KNOW theres great gains to be had by dumping that crappy ass afm. Why else would the mk III and IV have them instead of the AFM?
I see. I suspect that the gains to be had from the additional 1/2" may be minimal given that the MkIV uses the MAF we're talking about... and it's enought for 500 rwhp on it...

Dunno. I'm not MAF expert -- just extrapolating based on what I know. :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
85TurboMKII said:
is there any kind of a conversion with this split second unit to enable you to use a MAP sensor? i didn't see that come up anywhere but I figured I'd ask. it would make turboing much easier.
Good call!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.